Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
anybody else had this problem?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2014, 02:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default anybody else had this problem?????

06 Base Cruiser. About 2 months ago while driving to work all the dash lights came on for about 2 seconds and then went off about 4 or 5 times in an hour. There was no engine problem to go with it. It continued about 2-3 times like this for a about a month. Then one day 2 weeks ago, it started happening and my engine shut off. I had no throttle and had to pull over. I restarted it right away with no issue. I drove it home with no problem. It started doing it about every other day and no the lights are blinking and about every 4th or 5th time the engine shuts down. I can be doing 20 mph or 70 mph.Doesn't matter what speed. I have had it in the shop 2 times and they can't find anything and no codes. They say unless I bring it to them with the lights on of not running they cant help me. I took it to Auto Zone today to get them to run codes and they said the same thing. What am I supposed to do???? It is not reliable to go anywhere much less my daily commute. Anybody had this? Auto Zone guy said it is probably the computer module, but how can you tell?
Old 26 Jul 2014, 03:01 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: anybody else had this problem?????

Check the battery cables, make sure they're tight & not corroded. Also check the ground from the negative cable to the fender just to the right of the battery...under the fender.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 26 Jul 2014, 03:40 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: anybody else had this problem?????

For more information that may help Start reading this Google search about blinking dash lights . All of the links are to pages on this forum.