PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser=PT Beater

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jul 2014, 01:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default PT Cruiser=PT Beater

Where I live in CT 99% of all PT cruisers around here are beat...I havent even seen an example that has been washed in the past year! Of every 100 I see it looks like everyone just drives them into the ground...Filthy, missing hubcaps, faded, banged up, bald tires, filled with junk inside, etc...Are most people loser slobs that own these things? I feel most of us here are the few and the proud! What about where you live?
E1 Turbo, 3 Bar Map~Tip, 888/1025cc Duster's Injectors, Stage 1 PCM, Composite Intake Manifold, Airbox Mod With Drop In, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Walbro 255, 3 Inch Catless, Poly Mounts, Blue Plate, DCR Oil Mod, DSP, AEM A/F, FM WGA, N2mb Electronic Boost Controller, Power Demon ATX, Duster's CMR Tune, E85 Powered, Cross Driiled Rotors, BTG Springs, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 5K HID lights and fogs, LED Tails...3080 lbs in race trim.300WHP~345 Ft Lbs Torque @ 16PSI...Now boosting 19PSI, WHP And Torque numbers coming soon.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 01:57 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser=PT Beater

I see many good looking, well taken care of Cruisers where I live and where I travel for work. Good job Ohio & Pa.!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 02:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts View Post
Where I live in CT 99% of all PT cruisers around here are beat...I havent even seen an example that has been washed in the past year! Of every 100 I see it looks like everyone just drives them into the ground...Filthy, missing hubcaps, faded, banged up, bald tires, filled with junk inside, etc...Are most people loser slobs that own these things? I feel most of us here are the few and the proud! What about where you live?
Here in my area in Arizona there are still boo coo PTs running around, and most look in great shape. Could it just be an area thing, or what?
Prescott, Arizona, home of forested mountains, 5 lakes (well, four lakes and one big pond), and Arizona's Christmas City (my home 6,000 feet elevation) - 2005 Touring & 2002 Limited - both patriot blue & factory stock
Old 27 Jul 2014, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I mainly see PT Cruisers in one of three conditions. Either they are beat up and unwashed, newer clean and driven by old ladies, or slightly modded and fairly clean (usually driven by young guys).

The newer old-lady PT's are the most common followed by the beaters. Cleaner older PT's are more rare. A lot of young guys like pickup trucks here in the great state of Arkansas. As far as I know, I am the only middle-aged middle-class guy in my town that drives a PT. And of course, I own a newer nicer car and a nice pickup too plus some other vehicles as well.

But here's the deal. Beater cars are likely to be 10 to 20 years old. And the PT Cruiser fits right in the middle of that range. Beaters are most often cars used for basic transportation by folks without much money and there is usually no money, resources, skill or motivation to keep them properly maintained. So they sometimes remain dirty and uncared for.

Overall though, for one model of car to turn into so many beaters, it's usually a sign of good value, long life and good utility. That's nothing to be upset about. Everyone should able to ride including the broke, the sick and the mechanically challenged. It's good that such folks get to enjoy the uniqueness and usefulness of PT like we do.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Jul 2014 at 02:33 pm.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 03:28 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I mainly see PT Cruisers in one of three conditions. Either they are beat up and unwashed, newer clean and driven by old ladies, or slightly modded and fairly clean (usually driven by young guys).

The newer old-lady PT's are the most common followed by the beaters. Cleaner older PT's are more rare. A lot of young guys like pickup trucks here in the great state of Arkansas. As far as I know, I am the only middle-aged middle-class guy in my town that drives a PT. And of course, I own a newer nicer car and a nice pickup too plus some other vehicles as well.

But here's the deal. Beater cars are likely to be 10 to 20 years old. And the PT Cruiser fits right in the middle of that range. Beaters are most often cars used for basic transportation by folks without much money and there is usually no money, resources, skill or motivation to keep them properly maintained. So they sometimes remain dirty and uncared for.

Overall though, for one model of car to turn into so many beaters, it's usually a sign of good value, long life and good utility. That's nothing to be upset about. Everyone should able to ride including the broke, the sick and the mechanically challenged. It's good that such folks get to enjoy the uniqueness and usefulness of PT like we do.

Same here in the Missouri Ozarks. Not too many beaters - we send most of them South to Arkansas . Little old ladies driving most that I see. Not too many old codgers in mildly modified Cruisers like mine.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:27 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I've only seen 1 beater in my area so far...it was a faded out 'Blue Woodie' with no hubcaps...most look pretty good.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Some nice PTs here in florida too , but like everywhere and everything else theres people that will just run theyre cars into the ground
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Now that you mention it, I'm the only one in a 400mile radius that cares for mine.
An hour or so of TLC every once in a while will earn you wonders.... much like a marriage I guess. The wife don't like it when I rev her cold either though, so there's that. Maybe synthetic lube is in order. Am I rambling ? Just upset that you're right I guess.
Signed. Middle aged dude in the upper 5% earners category ( here in Canada anyway )
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 07:34 pm
Banned

Mostly low income own them now due to the depreciation makes them cheap

All i have seen are beat to hell and the people that own them look like they have been beaten with the ugly stick
vipergts and 04PtSilver like this.

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 27 Jul 2014 at 07:36 pm.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 10:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Mine fits the beater category. 267k miles. Mechanically sound but dents, half finished repairs, and unattended rust all from the previous owner have left it damaged beyond my bodywork abilities. It's a great car for what it is, but I've accepted it'll never look showroom fresh. I have a nicer, faster car to modify and I like my $200 pt for winters, camping, etc
Handy_Cruiser likes this.