PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser Compliment Thread - Post The Ones You Get Here

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jul 2014, 02:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up PT Cruiser Compliment Thread - Post The Ones You Get Here

I see lots of threads with reports of folks talking ugly about the PT Cruiser. But my experience is very different. Even though my PT is older and somewhat faded, I still often get several unsolicited compliments a week on my cool little car.

This week I was walking out of the post office when I heard a young guy ask the older guy with him what kind of "awesome car" is that? The old guy told him that was PT Cruiser loaded down with options like they used to come. Next, a young engineer at work told me he wished he could find an inexpensive commuter car as clean, sporty and "cool" as mine. And a little old church lady told me Sunday that she really liked my "little red car" and thought it was "so cute".

Now it's your turn. Please recount the stories of people complimenting your PT below. And let's keep 'em coming. Some need to be reminded just what a head-turner a PT Cruiser can be.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 03:21 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser Compliment Thread - Post The Ones You Get Here

That same guy must have come up from Arkansas for a day. I was going into the post office when a young guy said "I really like the rims on your car".

Also, a guy filling up at the pump next to me at Sam's last week said "I've always liked those. That's a nice color". He was driving a Lexus SUV that probably cost as much as three Cruisers.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 03:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

just me & my wife praises her car.....daughter think it's ugly.....LOL!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Went to a parts store and unloaded some old tires (had to pay a few bucks per tire).
Anyway, he said my BTG exhaust sounded really good

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Last Sunday the wife and I went for a short drive up the mountain and stopped at one of our usual overlooks. While there a couple in their late 50 to mid 60s(driving silver truck with camper shell) looked over our PT as if they were shopping for a PT Cruiser. My wife and I were on the path going to the overlook and we listened as both praised our PT with complements. That was the first time we had gotten such attention from our PT since we got it 2 years ago. It felt nice!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 27 Jul 2014, 07:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

My friends all like my PT, but mostly they're happy I have a car with A/C...living in Florida without A/C has sucked the last few years...it seems to be getting hotter.

BTW: I haven't had A/C in a car since around 1993 & that was only for about a year before car got totaled in MD when I hit Black Ice...than a tree.
Other than that, only my 1st car when I was 15 had A/C...most muscle cars I've owned had it removed or never came with it.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 27 Jul 2014, 07:30 pm
Banned

I don't get any comments because mine is rarely seen
Old 27 Jul 2014, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: PT Cruiser Compliment Thread - Post The Ones You Get Here

When I had the 2006 Black GT convertible, the Black Sheep, wiffie's service manager (Ford) said "Wow!"
"Best looking Cruiser that he had ever seen!"
The Black Sheep Photos by SoonerCruiser_photos | Photobucket

Soon after I bought the 2005 Dream Cruiser convertible last fall, I took it to my fav dealer to have the oil changed and a good once-over....
Two sales guys ran out and offered to buy it!
2005 Dream Cruiser Series 4 Convertible Photos by SoonerCruiser_photos | Photobucket

I call those pretty good compliments!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 09:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Lots of rich stuck up people here in CT...I rarely get a compliment even when I drive my Mercedes SL500 convertible
E1 Turbo, 3 Bar Map~Tip, 888/1025cc Duster's Injectors, Stage 1 PCM, Composite Intake Manifold, Airbox Mod With Drop In, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Walbro 255, 3 Inch Catless, Poly Mounts, Blue Plate, DCR Oil Mod, DSP, AEM A/F, FM WGA, N2mb Electronic Boost Controller, Power Demon ATX, Duster's CMR Tune, E85 Powered, Cross Driiled Rotors, BTG Springs, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 5K HID lights and fogs, LED Tails...3080 lbs in race trim.300WHP~345 Ft Lbs Torque @ 16PSI...Now boosting 19PSI, WHP And Torque numbers coming soon.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 10:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergts View Post
Lots of rich stuck up people here in CT...I rarely get a compliment even when I drive my Mercedes SL500 convertible
Move down south and you won't have that problem near as much.