Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Radiator Fan Not Working When A/C Functioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2014, 03:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Radiator Fan Not Working When A/C Functioning

2006 Cruiser. Last Summer I had a radiator fan circuit malfunction and a very bad fan..... and replaced the radiator fan.
After replacing it, the fan would not come on when the a/c is on and would come on when I pulled one of the relays.... giving the circuit malfunction check engine light code. All the rad fan relays were changed.

No big, we were in FL on vacation so I just left the relay out and thought nothing of it as it was my daughter's car and she didn't care for a/c anyway. Got back to the a/c of TN and put the relay back in and cleared the code, the only one.

Now we're into August in TN, a year later, and my daughter returns from a Summer in Mexico and wants her car prepped for her use and college. All the three a/c relays are new, yet the fan will only operate when you pull one of the relays.

Can you help?

Last edited by hermanoscott; 12 Aug 2014 at 03:03 pm.