Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What is this for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What is this for?

I have an 03 touring edition non turbo. I have a Pioneer stereo in the dash that will support music files on usb thumb drives. However Pioneer in all their infinite wisdom put the usb ports on the back of the radio so you have to run a cable to the glove box for the thumb drive (or other device). Very sloppy set up. I purchased a mountable usb cable from amazon and decided to put it in the panel with the rear defroster and rear wiper switches. It works great and looks great. So now I just plug the thumb drive into the port on the dash. My question is - I want to put a second one on the same panel, but between the rear defroster and rear wiper switches where there is nothing on the front of the panel, there is a white rectangular box with wires clipped into the spot I want to use for the second usb port. Does anyone know what this is for? It is wired into the harness but just snaps in behind the panel with nothing on the front.
Got Vinyl? 03 Touring Electric Blue, 17" HD Cool Down rims, Tinted Windows, K&N Cold Air Intake, Pioneer DEH-P7800MP head unit with XM Satellite radio, 6 3/4 Infinity Kappa Component Speakers in front doors, 6x8 Infinity Kappa 2 way speakers in rear pillars, Infinity 475a amp, Custom under seat 8 inch Kicker CompVT sub with zx200.2 Kicker amp and SSL 2 farad capacitor.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 10:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: What is this for?

Might be seat heater wires
Old 19 Aug 2014, 10:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

I think those wires are for the traction control switch. You car didn't come with it even though the harness has the capability to support it. Instead of simply tying up the extra harness, they just plugged it into a dummy panel. Just unplug it and use the opening for your needs. You can use some electrical tape and tape the harness to the other wires so it doesn't cause a rattle behind the dash after you unplug it.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 09:31 am
Young Cruiser

It is not connected to anything but on some cruisers they have a switch for something but I just can't remember exactly what for

Last edited by RacerX125; 20 Aug 2014 at 09:32 am. Reason: Check top post above mine He got it right