Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
cannot reset the rke help :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2014, 02:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question cannot reset the rke help :(

Hi guys I'm new here and discovered this site here lays my problem and I hope someone can help me. I recently changed my battery on my 2001 pt cruiser the issue is now the remote to lock the doors does not work. ( it did however work before battery change ) I changed the batteries in the fob still no success. When I use the power door. Locks button after about 18 seconds the alarm will sound and I have to manually open the door to silence it. I have been told there is a black box with a button on it under the dash I located this box but there is no button on it I've also been told there is a box under the dash under the drivers side no luck locating it. How can I get this to work again I don't wanna lock my keys in my car anymore which sometimes is a habit lol help please from anyone with knowledge of this would be greatly appreciated in advance thank you
Old 20 Aug 2014, 06:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: cannot reset the rke help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog307 View Post
Hi guys I'm new here and discovered this site here lays my problem and I hope someone can help me. I recently changed my battery on my 2001 pt cruiser the issue is now the remote to lock the doors does not work. ( it did however work before battery change ) I changed the batteries in the fob still no success. When I use the power door. Locks button after about 18 seconds the alarm will sound and I have to manually open the door to silence it. I have been told there is a black box with a button on it under the dash I located this box but there is no button on it I've also been told there is a box under the dash under the drivers side no luck locating it. How can I get this to work again I don't wanna lock my keys in my car anymore which sometimes is a habit lol help please from anyone with knowledge of this would be greatly appreciated in advance thank you
Have you tried disconnecting the battery again?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Aug 2014, 06:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: cannot reset the rke help :(

Are you the original owner or did you purchase used?
Do you know if this is an OEM or after market alarm?
If it is a dealer (rather than factory) installed Mopar alarm, as I installed, then these instructions might help.
Turn the ignition key to on (not start) and back to off, three times ending in off. If this works to toggle the alarm into "valet" mode, you might hear the horn chirp and then see the red indicator on the dash flash in a repeating pattern.

Meanwhile check these dash fuses:
#3 (20 amp), #10 (10 amp), #13 (10 amp)

Tags
remote keyless entry