PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
looking at a 2004 pt cruiser

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2014, 06:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Default looking at a 2004 pt cruiser

I found a 2004 pt cruiser basic for sale on craigslist. it has only 58,000 miles and doesn't run. she said it needs a new battery or a alternator but says she knows nothing about cars. she is asking $2,500. I am going tomorrow to look at it. She said her friend is going to try to jump it today and will message me what happens. I am bringing a battery and my engine code reader with me. what are your thoughts?
Old 22 Aug 2014, 07:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: looking at a 2004 pt cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBNDN View Post
I found a 2004 pt cruiser basic for sale on craigslist. it has only 58,000 miles and doesn't run. she said it needs a new battery or a alternator but says she knows nothing about cars. she is asking $2,500. I am going tomorrow to look at it. She said her friend is going to try to jump it today and will message me what happens. I am bringing a battery and my engine code reader with me. what are your thoughts?
Sounds like a deal if your good with a base model.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Certainly worth a look.
Suspect that plugs & wires were never changed, and ask about oil changes and look at oil on dipstick.
Now you have to let us know how it turns out....
harrym likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Aug 2014, 11:48 am
Dedicated Cruiser

That's less than 6,000 miles a year. You may need rubber items like tires and hoses after you get it. Especially in the cold wet climate of Maine.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 04:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

thats right around KBB price {3000} but i like the Low Miles
Old 22 Aug 2014, 04:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

go for it ..mine only got a few more miles....is it auto or stick???? I wouldn't buy an auto myself.....did some partying in your area as a youth....there was a store there I liked lol
Old 22 Aug 2014, 06:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

the car is an automatic. the lady just messaged me and said that she got to car running by jumping it.it started to squeak and there was a burnt smell. she also said the car has been sitting since may but before that she only drove about once a week because she would bike to work or she drove another car.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 07:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBNDN View Post
the car is an automatic. the lady just messaged me and said that she got to car running by jumping it.it started to squeak and there was a burnt smell. she also said the car has been sitting since may but before that she only drove about once a week because she would bike to work or she drove another car.
I bet 2K to 22 will get it.
Motorhead likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I bet 2K to 22 will get it.
Cash is KING
Red tint tails, chrome trimmed grille, custom towel rack buttonless flamed shifter, auto dimming rear view, Homelink remote transmitter, driver seat drawer, MOPAR sub, lowered 1" rear, MOPAR/Borla dual tipped exhaust, chrome trimmed GT gauge/airbag surround, front 35% tint, and the ever so important Fuzzy Dice
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Check the rockers. They like to rot out especially with the salt air in maine as well as the salted roads in the winter. If it looks ok I would start out at $1500. I always find stuff to be extra disappointed in when buying a car from someone. lol Especially since the battery is missing and the alternator may need replacing!! Emphasize the big repair bills needed for that and for any other stuff you can point out. Unless the car is mint, they will lower the price.

Last edited by myckee; 22 Aug 2014 at 09:38 pm.