PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Extended protection companies

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2014, 03:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Extended protection companies

I received an offer for my 2005 pt cruiser for 4 years 48,000miles. are these compnies legit they say they cover everything . The quote was given a month ago and now a new quote for less. Its still a lot of money.
Anyone know about it?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 03:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Extended protection companies

I'd say most are fake, once I bought my 2006 in June I was getting them in the mail a few times a week. I checked one of them online & it was a scam...I don't remember the name of the company.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 28 Aug 2014, 04:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had my dad get one for his Cadillac. It was $1200 and cover complete running gear for 36 months. He owns a 2007 DTC and the oil pan gasket leaking bad.
Dealer cost was $1500 because the trans-axle and complete exhaust must be removed to access the oil pan removal. The Warranty company covered it.

IMHO they are only worth it depending on the vehicle.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 28 Aug 2014, 04:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you look up the company name then put that name in Google and say "complaints", you can read what people have to say about it. I had one for the PT years ago. They did cover the Power Steering Pump when it went bad and I was out of warranty from Chrysler but soon after that they went out of business and of the $1200 I paid up to 100,000 miles, I got back a check for $10 because the money they put aside had to go out to hundreds if not thousands of people.

THEN, after the declared bankruptcy, they came back selling insurance again but it didn't cover anybody in the first group who lost all their money. It was a good solid name (U.S. Fidelis) in insurance and NASCAR sponsor.

Owners of shady auto warranty company agree not to continue service in Wisconsin : Wsj
boonie2 likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 05:08 pm
Banned

I got my money's worth, and then some, out of the one I had! I had purchased a 5 year/100,000 mile that expired a few months ago. It cost me $2200 and over the coverage period, they covered about $4800 in repairs. This is repairs that I would have had to pay myself if I didn't have the warranty. When it expired, they would sell me another one, but it was going to cost more, cover less items, and be for a shorter period, so I never renewed. But not all warranties are created equal. The better warranties are the ones that have a shorter list of what is not covered, rather than a list of what they do cover, if that makes sense.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 06:44 pm
Banned

You can find complaints about any company that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
If you look up the company name then put that name in Google and say "complaints", you can read what people have to say about it. I had one for the PT years ago. They did cover the Power Steering Pump when it went bad and I was out of warranty from Chrysler but soon after that they went out of business and of the $1200 I paid up to 100,000 miles, I got back a check for $10 because the money they put aside had to go out to hundreds if not thousands of people.

THEN, after the declared bankruptcy, they came back selling insurance again but it didn't cover anybody in the first group who lost all their money. It was a good solid name (U.S. Fidelis) in insurance and NASCAR sponsor.

Owners of shady auto warranty company agree not to continue service in Wisconsin : Wsj
Old 28 Aug 2014, 06:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptsc View Post
Maybe so, but you can see WHAT they say and WHY they are saying it to get a better picture of the company your looking up and thinking of dealing with. If 30 people say that the company put up resistance on every claim that was put in and denied coverage at every turn, that would be a reason to stay away.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 08:05 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptsc View Post
Isn't Ptsc BUSA in disguise?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 08:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Isn't Ptsc BUSA in disguise?
Where have you been?

PT Crew site problems?

Old 28 Aug 2014, 08:37 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Where have you been?

PT Crew site problems?
Missed that thread!