PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Windshield washer sprayer broke

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2014, 12:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Windshield washer sprayer broke

My windshield sprayer broke. Dealership wants 20 bucks for a new one. I'm kind of cheap and wondering if I should try a junkyard.

Old 27 Sep 2014, 12:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Windshield washer sprayer broke

Go to any auto store and you'll have your choice of plenty of different sprayers in black, color or even chrome. OR, you can get the chrome ones that light up like mine.

P.S. If you do choose the lighted ones, pick a color that's legal. Blue or red might get you in trouble.
ew55 likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 12:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Junkyard would just be a waste of time, as they would be all dried up & brittle.
I replaced both of mine with the universal kit that can be bought at the auto parts store or Amazon for about $20.

ew55 likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I have one to spare that I tested previously by hooking it up to the water supply line of the washer system. ( the only way to test 'em) $10.00 including shipping. Contact by email priceyoungman@hotmail.com I hope this'll help you. ptprice
ew55 likes this.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yea I knew I could get them at a auto parts store but 20 seems steep. lol

ptprice - I might hit ya up on that thanks
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Go to any auto store and you'll have your choice of plenty of different sprayers in black, color or even chrome. OR, you can get the chrome ones that light up like mine.

P.S. If you do choose the lighted ones, pick a color that's legal. Blue or red might get you in trouble.
I paid about $15 for LED ones - hooked them up so they blink with my signalls - amber (yellow).
You don't have to hook up the lights. Mine are fine after about 8 years.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Sep 2014, 02:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I paid about $15 for LED ones - hooked them up so they blink with my signalls - amber (yellow).
You don't have to hook up the lights. Mine are fine after about 8 years.
How do u install em the factory ones snap in to a certain spot and the led ones for instance dont. Cuz I replaced mine a year ago and went to factory ones cu of there special clips
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 02:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crid View Post
How do u install em the factory ones snap in to a certain spot and the led ones for instance dont. Cuz I replaced mine a year ago and went to factory ones cu of there special clips
The replacement ones I got had a bolt and nut bottom with a rubber washer to protect the hood. Push bolt (which was hollow for fluid) thru original hole, put on nut & that's it.
Crid likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Sep 2014, 02:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

They're $35 up here, and I've replaced both mine ... twice ! Extreme temps are murder on them... finally packed them with insulation.. fingers crossed.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 03:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew55 View Post
My windshield sprayer broke. Dealership wants 20 bucks for a new one.
you could take a cheap grease fitting, drill it out so the hole is bigger, drill into the broken one, and screw it in using a little silicone to seal it, or, do pretty much the same thing with a 99 vacuum hose connector, like the lower right pic here: Hose connectors

just 2 ideas, both way less than $20. at the same time, if you dont break the junkyard one taking it off, you probably wont break it installing it.
ew55 likes this.

Last edited by rob342; 27 Sep 2014 at 03:59 pm.