Advertisements
Near death experience

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2014, 04:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Please delete thread

Please delete thread

Last edited by Michigander; 12 Oct 2014 at 08:05 pm.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 05:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Near death experience

WOW. Glad your able to talk about it and hope recovery goes well.

YES she was negligent in not having the lights/flashers on. Hopefully someone in authority checked that out and asked her why she would leave her car without doing so.

You didn't say so, so I take it nobody behind you had the misfortune to plow into your car causing you more injury? Last question. Hopefully it wasn't your head that hit your windshield, but with the broken glass being on the outside, it looks as though it was, but than again, with the drivers airbag being deployed, that should have stopped you from hitting it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Oct 2014 at 05:17 pm.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 05:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I hope you are ok and make a full recovery. Car can be replaced. Do not settle with her insurance co. until you are sure you are ok. You have 2 years to settle (at least in Ohio you do).
Old 04 Oct 2014, 05:19 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
WOW. Glad your able to talk about it and hope recovery goes well.

YES she was negligent in not having the lights/flashers on. Hopefully someone in authority checked that out and asked her why she would leave her car without doing so.

You didn't say so, so I take it nobody behind you had the misfortune to plow into your car causing you more injury? Last question. Hopefully it wasn't your head that hit your windshield, but with the broken glass being on the outside, it looks as though it was, but than again, with the drivers airbag being deployed, that should have stopped you from hitting it.
I think it was, there is a picture with hair on the windshield glass. Glad you are ok.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 05:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i wish you a speedy recovery. i see the hair, how's your head?

it's pretty amazing the minimal damage from going 70. what was she driving? something light/small?

Last edited by rob342; 04 Oct 2014 at 05:25 pm.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 05:50 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Ouch! I'm glad you survived. Will you need a Bosley hair transplant? Follow all the good advise you're getting from the forum, be well and good luck. ptprice
Old 04 Oct 2014, 05:56 pm
Young Cruiser

please delete

Last edited by Michigander; 12 Oct 2014 at 10:13 pm.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 06:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Wowser!

I hope and pray for a full and rapid recovery for you.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 06:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

DO NOT plead guilty to that charge.... From what you describe, I'd be fighting that one tooth and nail.... maybe spring for defence, it'll be worth it, especially when you're successful and your rates don't suffer.. ( At least in the same manner as a conviction on careless )
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 04 Oct 2014, 07:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I have a relevant comment about the officer's statement about keeping proper distance between vehicles as you were cited for! If, as you described, you had proper distance between the car in front of you, the stationery car was unlit and hidden till the last moment and if I understand your description of the event, every one else had a way of veering off at the last moment but you because you were boxed in, I'd speak to a good lawyer because what IS the proper distance between you and an unforeseen stationery vehicle?
Driving defensively means always having a way out, but in this case, as you describe it, it doesn't appear you did. ptprice