Advertisements
HELP: Windshield Spray Nozzle

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Oct 2014, 03:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default HELP: Windshield Spray Nozzle

Hello Everyone!

This would be my first post on this forum and my first threat as well ! I need help in determining what route to follow. So here's my dilemma:

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser Limited Edition Turbo. Both of its Windshield Wiper Spray Nozzles are pretty much done. I took it to a car place and they said that all of the assembly needs to be replaced... but the pump is still working and the rear wiper is working fine as well. There's no problem with the pressure its just that the attachment to the nozzles are pretty corroded that you couldn'y re-snap them back together.

Here are the pictures:

#1 snapped off and I tried re-attaching it with several adhesives and ingenuity but failed miserably.

#2 is the part i'm looking for.

#3 is the excess electric tape from the initial attempt to remedy it.

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

# 4 has the same problem as well.

How should I approach this dilemma? Preferrably the most practical and economical way possible.

Any feedback is much appreciated! Thank you everyone!
Old 07 Oct 2014, 04:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: HELP: Windshield Spray Nozzle

I just fixed this same problem two days ago.

The cheapest fix is to pick up some used nozzles at a salvage yard. You may have to look over several PT's to find some that are not broke or about to break. Since I bought several other things when I got mine this weekend, they gave me the ones I got for free.

Next choice would be aftermarket nozzles. You can get these in black or chrome. And you can get them with little LED lights on top if you want for extra "bling". I believe both Autozone and Advance carry them. The only issue I've seen is that the tips on the bottom where the hose attaches is smaller than on the stock nozzles. To fix this you may need to get some new generic rubber elbows. The stock elbows have bigger openings where they attach to the stock nozzles. The generic ones will usually be the same size at both ends and will work well with aftermarket nozzles.

The third choice is to buy new OEM nozzles online. There's several online sources. These may run you as much as $20 per nozzle.

PS: The rubber hoses and plastic fittings that go from the pump up to the nozzles can get very brittle. You may need some new hose and a few fittings. But the hose is cheap and the fittings are just generic and most parts stores have them. Just don't be surprised if stuff starts breaking when you go to hook it up.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 07 Oct 2014 at 04:10 pm.
Old 07 Oct 2014, 04:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you for the feedback Handy!

I bought several connectors and elbows but none would fit into the lines. I'll check out junk yards this weekend and see what I can come up with and probably post some progress later on.

But please, if anybody else have any recommendation please feel free to post it.

Thank you !
Old 07 Oct 2014, 04:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You might find good ones at your local pull-n-pay. I can offer you two other alternatives, I can send you one of my spare "junk yard" sets that are working for $10.00 including shipping, and this just about covers the shipping. the second alternative is a forum member who just a week ago was faced with replacing one windshield spray nozzle and he was fortunate enough to find four at a pull-n-pay very reasonably. Any used one you get can be tested for function before installing by attaching it to the fluid supply line under the hood and activating the squirt switch. If one or the other of the nozzles is blocked you can carefully clean it out with a pin. Removing them from the hood of a junker is simplicity in its self with a bit of care. Just compress the retaining clips gently with needle nose pliers and press the spray nozzle out of hole in the hood. Contact me at; priceyoungman@hotmail.com
good luck. ptprice
Old 07 Oct 2014, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

I've gone straight to the dealer ( 4 times now ) they get weak pretty quick... ( 5 years ) up here they are ......... $35 ! .
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 07 Oct 2014, 05:03 pm
Veteran Cruiser

$16.99 at O'Reillys...installed a set on my 2006 in June...no problems. I just used the nozzles & clips with the old elbows, after I cleaned the liitle pieces of plastic out.

Dorman Help! 47137 - Washer Nozzle Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 07 Oct 2014, 07:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

The OEM ones are just under $14 each at Rock Auto:

2003 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER Windshield Washer Nozzle
Old 08 Oct 2014, 04:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I replaced mine with generic LED nozzles from a parts store. $15-$20. Either hook up the LEDs or clip the wires...
the ones I got even had 2 adjustable nozzles each...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Oct 2014, 06:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

I just made a thread on this 8 days ago and got 4 sprayers at the pick-n-pull junk yard for a buck. lol dealership wanted 20 bucks for one. lol Think she made a mistake since it just says 1 but you cant beat that. The original sparyers are tons better then the aftermarket ones. All you need is a flat head screwdriver and just push lightly on the top and bottom under the hood then wiggle it out. Just disconnect it from the hose first carefully. I broke one at the junk yard.

Windshield washer sprayer broke

I bought these at Auto Zone for 9.99 but didn't like how they sprayed (wide angle).

Last edited by ew55; 08 Oct 2014 at 06:28 pm.
Old 08 Oct 2014, 07:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

All of my sprayers were bad when I bought my PT a few months ago...both front ones were broken...I bought the aftermarket wide angle ones...so that's all I've ever known. Luckily, a straight pin fixed the rear one.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost