Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dumb suspension question time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2014, 07:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Dumb suspension question time.

My pt is in need of struts/and shocks. So being poor, I found 2 complete struts with 2 rear shocks and 2 front lower control arm, with shipping , for $188.00 on Ebay....Would you use these parts at that price ....like I said dumb question.
Old 09 Oct 2014, 07:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dumb suspension question time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytoolss View Post
My pt is in need of struts/and shocks. So being poor, I found 2 complete struts with 2 rear shocks and 2 front lower control arm, with shipping , for $188.00 on Ebay....Would you use these parts at that price ....like I said dumb question.
How do you know there better than yours?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Oct 2014, 07:56 pm
Young Cruiser

I made a mistake on the price...actually $305.00 with inner and outer tie rod ends. And they are NEW replacement parts.
Old 09 Oct 2014, 08:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I made a mistake on the price...actually $305.00 with inner and outer tie rod ends. And they are NEW replacement parts.
Well that will work. lol. I can't say on the price. I buy as economical as I can. That's a ton of money for me.Others will be able to advise more. Do you have specific complaints to warrant the replacement of these? Or just think it's time?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 Oct 2014, 08:17 pm
Young Cruiser

2002 with 86,000 miles original shocks and struts. About 6 years ago I replaced the lower arm rear bushings with energy suspensions rear bushing. Lower arms are rusty ( OHIO).....and The ride quality is..well not very good. Cheaper to spend money on a car that's paid for... don't want a payment.
Old 09 Oct 2014, 08:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
2002 with 86,000 miles original shocks and struts. About 6 years ago I replaced the lower arm rear bushings with energy suspensions rear bushing. Lower arms are rusty ( OHIO).....and The ride quality is..well not very good. Cheaper to spend money on a car that's paid for... don't want a payment.
Energy bushings will ride a little ruffer. tires can also cause problems. You have good miles. You should check the parts out you looking at like tie rods. May still be good. Rear shocks a no brainer. I have one rolling on 174k on front struts. Back shock replace with 110 k oem used ones. Rides good on it's Michelins. It was a handful before the rear shocks. Just say'n that you may pick and choose what you really need if money tight. But if having the work done you may be maximizing labor changing everything.

Ill be back on tomorrow. Long day.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 10 Oct 2014, 01:03 am
Young Cruiser

I bought new tires last October (2013) have only put 6,000 miles on them . Copper tires 80,000 mile thread life, so almost new. Maybe it's just me, but does your PT seem to have a rough ride compared to other cars ? Could just be the bad roads around here.