PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Multifunction Switch - Headlights not working - can I use switch with Fogs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2014, 12:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Multifunction Switch - Headlights not working - can I use switch with Fogs?

I'm trying to repair my daughter's '01 cruiser - the headlight LOW beam's don't work and the fuse is good and I suspect the MultiFunction switch is bad - I looked up the parts and the one for the fog lights is like $58 and the switch for the one without the fogs is $128 - Can I use the cheaper 'fog light' model multifunction switch to operate the headlights and such?

The car is a 2001 base model - no fog lights. The high beams work just fine (and she's been using them for the last 2 days to drive at night), the dash lights work just fine and from what I can tell everything but the headlight LOW beams don't work.

I can't find a detailed diagram that shows the pinouts - I'm assuming they are the same just the fog lights have the additional wires on the plug - can anyone verify that?

Also anyone have a wiring diagram for the '01 'cruiser? I didn't see a relay in the circuit so it looks like there is just a fuse and the MFS in the circuit?

Last edited by bwiencek; 13 Oct 2014 at 12:33 pm.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 01:51 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Multifunction Switch - Headlights not working - can I use switch with Fogs?

It should work fine. The switch in my 2006 was replaced with a non-fog light switch...I'll be switching it out next month so my fog lights will work. The only thing I've noticed is the dash light dimmer & interior light part of the switch doesn't work, but the dash lights are on, and the interior lights have their own switch anyway. But. mine is a 2006, you might not have the same problem.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost