PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what model do i have??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2014, 01:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default what model do i have??

Hi all

been driving my 06 n/a for about 5 years now and when i got i was never told what model it was. So my question is, is there any way to determine what what model i have off the vin number??

thanks Corey
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 02:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: what model do i have??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crid View Post
Hi all

been driving my 06 n/a for about 5 years now and when i got i was never told what model it was. So my question is, is there any way to determine what what model i have off the vin number??
Home : Free VIN Decoder - Vehicle Identification Number Check

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 15 Oct 2014, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't think the VIN will help. I tried that with someone else and although it gives a bunch of information, the model of the cruiser isn't one of them.

One sure way was the emblem on the tail gate but if that was taken off by the previous owner, then your stuck. If it was a completely stock cruiser when you bought it with no changes at all and there was no emblem on the rear tail gate, then it's very possibly a base cruiser.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 03:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Features for a model varied from year to year...
Pretty sure leather was always only available with limited Edition or GT....
Nearly all other options - spoiler, sunroof, fog lights, power seats,.... varied from year to year whether you could get them on base or had to get Touring or Limited Edition....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Oct 2014, 03:27 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
I don't think the VIN will help. I tried that with someone else and although it gives a bunch of information, the model of the cruiser isn't one of them.

One sure way was the emblem on the tail gate but if that was taken off by the previous owner, then your stuck. If it was a completely stock cruiser when you bought it with no changes at all and there was no emblem on the rear tail gate, then it's very possibly a base cruiser.
I entered my VIN & it says "2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition" at the top of the page above all the options.

Old 15 Oct 2014, 03:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionPT View Post
I entered my VIN & it says "2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition" at the top of the page above all the options.
..and I put mine in and it said: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base...which is completely wrong. I have the Limited Edition....and for every thing that had a choice it says "either" "or" like Transmission: 5 sp Manual or 4 sp automatic, Rear Brake: Drum or Disc, Anti-Brake System: Non ABS or 4-Wheel ABS.

So really it's just telling me I have a generic PT Cruiser and it lists NO Options and ALL the Interior and Exterior colors for that year.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 05:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
..and I put mine in and it said: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base...which is completely wrong. I have the Limited Edition....and for every thing that had a choice it says "either" "or" like Transmission: 5 sp Manual or 4 sp automatic, Rear Brake: Drum or Disc, Anti-Brake System: Non ABS or 4-Wheel ABS.

So really it's just telling me I have a generic PT Cruiser and it lists NO Options and ALL the Interior and Exterior colors for that year.

Maybe just the G1 info is wrong

Old 15 Oct 2014, 06:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crid View Post
Hi all

thanks Corey
The VIN Decoder link that "LionPT" referenced decoded my PT correctly.

I have an '06 Touring Edition and I have an original Chrysler brochure for my model year PT. I have looked at all the pics for your PT and from the brochure it appears you may have a Limited Edition G Package model. This is based on: the rear body colored Sport Spoiler would have been an option, the fog lamps are standard on the G Package, (mine were added by the dealer after purchase so not standard on the Touring) the wheels in the first pic of your PT appear to be the 16" painted cast-aluminum 9-spoke that were standard on the G package, not even an option on any other model for '06. On your Driver's seat, do you have a manual lumbar support and 6-way power? This item was standard on the Limited Edition G & K Packages and GT but we already know you don't have a GT. If you could provide a picture of what your seats look like (the fabric pattern) those are also in the brochure. Does your PT have a Moonroof and leather wrapped steering wheel? I could scan in the brochure and email it to you if you want to PM me your email address? There also may be a source on the internet where you could put in your VIN number and get an a copy of the window sticker?

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
160k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 15 Oct 2014 at 07:20 pm.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 08:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: what model do i have??

The decoder supplied does have limitations.
It decoded my convertible as a GT vert only, with some of the option,yes.
But, It did not recognize that it was a Dream Cruiser Series 4.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 15 Oct 2014, 10:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks all for the help. There was no badge on the hatch when I bought it. But it is equips with some options. So I'll give the decoder a go! Thanks again

Corey
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.