Advertisements
Universal car remote

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Nov 2014, 10:34 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Universal car remote

https://www.universalcarremote.com/

Saw a news story on this...they aren't for sale yet that I can find, but seems to be a good option if they get it going...$50 instead of the outrageous prices stealerships charge.

Quote:
At the National Hardware Show iKeyless showed their new Universal Car Remote. The company says it works on 1,080 vehicle models equipped with a factory keyless entry system manufactured between 1995 and 2014.

This new single remote replaces 160 OEM keyless entry remotes. Because iKeyless is the world’s largest retailer of replacement keyless remotes, they said they’ve taken the best of all those designs and created a superior product compared to OEM factory remotes.
The iKeyless Universal Car Remote is customer programmable for 100% of the vehicles it’s compatible with. A comprehensive compatibility chart is available at the company website, link below.
Setup is simple -* similar to that of a universal television remote. No technical knowledge or tools are needed to program/pair the device. But if you need help the iKeyless support team is available 24/7 via the toll*free help line.
On their website, they describe procedure to pair the Universal Car Remote with your compatible vehicle: “Insert the key into the ignition. Turn it from off to ACC eight times. Then, within 20 seconds push any button on the Universal Car Remote. Turn the ignition to off and pairing is complete.”
The $49.95 MSRP is about half or even less than retail customers will probably have to pay for a replacement from their dealer.

2005 N/A 5 speed manual - Booger bushings, K&N Filter, MSD spark plug wires, APC Taillights, Accra-Form Running Boards, Hubcap Mike's Spoke Hubcaps, Retrosound radio (usb1-2/aux1-2/bluetooth), Chrysler 1949 Hood Ornament, and a Flameball white pearl shift knob (which makes it go faster).
Old 08 Nov 2014, 11:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Universal car remote

If you have just one working remote, you can get a second one off eBay for about $20 or less and then program it yourself. It's very easy to do.

And if you have no remote, call a locksmith. You can often have one remote made for under $100. Then you can make as many extra ones as you want yourself. You can likely do the same thing with that universal remote if you can get it working with your PT.

If you want one of those new universal remotes you might call the phone number on the website and ask if they have any vendors setup yet. And if so, contact that vendor and see about buying one and having it shipped to you.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 08 Nov 2014 at 11:19 am.
Old 08 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would suggest checking into iKeyless reviews if these Universal car remotes are from ikeyless. Not to say the product is a problem but ikeyless has a a lot of back order, shipping, dead battery, etc. issues.

iKeyless Reviews - Consumer Reviews of Ikeyless.com | SiteJabber

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 08 Nov 2014 at 12:11 pm.
Old 08 Nov 2014, 05:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Also, I'm pretty sure you have to have two remotes to program a third. For sure when programing a key. Also are limited to five before it starts dropping previous ones out of the pcm.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 08 Nov 2014, 05:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

2 keys are needed for programming a third. only 1 remote is needed for programming another.
Old 08 Nov 2014, 05:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
2 keys are needed for programming a third. only 1 remote is needed for programming another.
Well post up the info.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 08 Nov 2014, 07:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep.

Only one remote to program another.

1. Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the switch to the ON position.
2. Press and hold the Unlock button on the transmitter between four and ten seconds.
3. continue to hold the unlock button and press the Panic button. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered.
4. Press a button on all transmitters to be programmed to the system, including any previously programmed transmitters. A chime will sound when each transmitter has been programmed.
5. Turn the ignition switch off to exit the transmitter programming mode.

Just did this a few week ago when I added a second fob:

Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 08 Nov 2014 at 07:37 pm.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 09:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: Universal car remote

I just purchased a 2009 PT and the dealer only had one key. So I need to get a second key and preferably a phob with it. Right now the one key I have looks like a general Chry/Dodge key with the key and phob all in one.

How does this procedure work since when we bought our 2001 PT, the dealer told us there was an antitheft chip in the key itself. If you attempted to start the car without the chip, the ignition electronics would shut down.

Thanks for any help.
Z
2001 PT Inferno Red
2009 PT Stone White
Old 29 Dec 2014, 09:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaboha View Post
I just purchased a 2009 PT and the dealer only had one key. So I need to get a second key and preferably a phob with it. Right now the one key I have looks like a general Chry/Dodge key with the key and phob all in one.

How does this procedure work since when we bought our 2001 PT, the dealer told us there was an antitheft chip in the key itself. If you attempted to start the car without the chip, the ignition electronics would shut down.

Thanks for any help.
Z
2001 PT Inferno Red
2009 PT Stone White
Dealer or locksmith only unless they can clone it at the department stores.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Dec 2014, 12:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaboha View Post
I just purchased a 2009 PT and the dealer only had one key.
And I bet you didn't get an owner's manual... most dealers throw them out, and often throw out second keys.
I'd have made the dealer get a second key -

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles