PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Heated seat malfunction

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 2014, 11:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Heated seat malfunction

Hello everyone……………………….. I need your expert advise on a my heated seat problem.Thinking I had a switch problem as old switch worked intermittently, I replace it with an OEM new one. However the seat still comes on without touching the switch. Sometimes it will not turn off by using the switch until I kill the ignition. Obviously it is not a switch problem but I am not sure what the next step would be. Any ideas before I have to go to the dealer for an expensive repair? Thanks for your responses!
Old 18 Nov 2014, 12:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Heated seat malfunction

Does the passenger seat get heated the same time the drivers side does by itself?
Old 18 Nov 2014, 10:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Try taking switch out and see if that shuts seat off - if not, you have a wiring problem.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Nov 2014, 11:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Bad relay?
tikitoride likes this.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you so much guys for all your responses!…..Relay?? Yep, that's probably the next step….Do you know where it is located? Is it with the interior fuses? Can someone let me know where to look?
Old 18 Nov 2014, 09:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank's ptcruisersteve, the other seat operates properly
Old 18 Nov 2014, 09:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

look in back of owners manual, will show which cavity the fuse or breaker is that feeds the heated seats, what year cruiser?
tikitoride likes this.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 19 Nov 2014, 12:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Mine is the 2001 model. After doing more technical research, I have decided to replace the module located under the passenger seat. This controls output levels to both seats and is known to be quite finicky!! I will find someone scrapping their PT and try a different module. I refuse to get parts from the dealer when there are so many PT's being parted out these days and I am cheap! LOL
Old 20 Nov 2014, 10:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitoride View Post
Mine is the 2001 model. After doing more technical research, I have decided to replace the module located under the passenger seat. This controls output levels to both seats and is known to be quite finicky!! I will find someone scrapping their PT and try a different module. I refuse to get parts from the dealer when there are so many PT's being parted out these days and I am cheap! LOL
I don't see how module would get power if switch is off - a stuck relay could do that.
Please keep us posted so we know what cure is.
tikitoride likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Nov 2014, 09:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you have the wire diagram for the heated seats it would be great if you could display it so others can see how the heated seats work.