Jet Preformance chip PT N/A

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 3 Post By 3rcruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2015, 03:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Jet Preformance chip PT N/A

I have a friend that has an non turbo PT 2,0L and he is planning to get a Jet preformance module chip for it from Cruiser motor sport.

This is an 2 part question: what are you guys thinking, is it a waste of money? I know that there are no major HP benefits, but it could be a good mod if there are only a few HP to be gained, at least if the car feels a little bit more on its toes.

The other part is that on Cruiser motorsports home page (when you choose chip module) you can select domestic models and those for european market. How do you know what kind of market your car was attended for in the first place? It have speedo gauge in KM/H but is there other features to look for?
If he orders the wrong chip module and it doesnīt work, it would really suck.

He has gone with a different style of his PT kind of opposite then me, but itīs still pretty cool I think.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 03:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Jet Preformance chip PT N/A

All the US domestic PT's have 2.4L engines. So your friend's 2.0 has to be for the foreign market. Additionally, US domestic PT's don't have the little orange marker light on the side of the front fenders. My understanding is that this fender light is not required in the US but is in some European countries.

I don't know how a Jet chip would help your friend's PT. Not many on this forum currently use them. But there are some older threads with both good and bad reports. Another option for NA performance might be a set of performance camshafts. You might contact forum member, NitroPT, and ask him if his NS PT1 camshafts would work in the 2.0 engine. If so, that may be one of the more substantial things your friend could do.
Mideskar likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 17 Mar 2015 at 03:36 pm.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 11:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Jet Preformance chip PT N/A

I have a jet chip stage one ... it gave me better gas milage.. really didn't notice any performance increase but I don't leadfoot it and don't put the highest octane in it...so its possible performance is increased a tiny bit...I have made my money back in gas savings since I bought the car in 2006 used with 13k on odometer..i will do the cam and head thing when rebuild time comes around..

Last edited by 3rcruiser; 18 Mar 2015 at 11:21 am.