PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I guess I'm still doing something wrong.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Apr 2015, 02:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default I guess I'm still doing something wrong.

I've searched and searched and can't find anything to identify what the owners manual says fuse #19 is. (Owners Manual says PWR Amp 1 and Amp 2 feed). I have no idea what that is, but that fuse is blown, and attempts to replace it, with the key off, only blow more fuses.

As for error codes, I've tried that thing about putting the key in the ignition, and turning it towards the windshield three times, but nothing happens. Besides, on my 2006 Limited, the odometer is NOT in the middle window, but in the one on the right (there are three).

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Old 05 Apr 2015, 02:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: I guess I'm still doing something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdocop View Post
I've searched and searched and can't find anything to identify what the owners manual says fuse #19 is. (Owners Manual says PWR Amp 1 and Amp 2 feed). I have no idea what that is, but that fuse is blown, and attempts to replace it, with the key off, only blow more fuses.

As for error codes, I've tried that thing about putting the key in the ignition, and turning it towards the windshield three times, but nothing happens. Besides, on my 2006 Limited, the odometer is NOT in the middle window, but in the one on the right (there are three).

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Is it only blowing Fuse #19 or are other fuses blown also..??
You can take your car to almost any auto store & they will read the codes for free.

Here is how to do the Key Dance:
To do the key dance, turn everything in the car off, no stereo, wipers, lights, etc., just to keep the system load down. Turn your key to the accessory position, that is two clicks prior to the start. So, you have Off, Acc, On, and Start (which is the spring-loaded position). Turn to Acc, wait a few seconds, then On, Acc, On, Acc, and On... leave it in the On position (NOT THE MOTOR START POSITION!), you should see a series of dashes ------ at your Odometer, while the PT runs the internal diagnostics testing. Takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds or so and then it will return the DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes).
It will say "Done" when it is finished.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost

Last edited by LionPT; 05 Apr 2015 at 02:51 pm.
Old 06 Apr 2015, 08:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Only fuse #19. Your description of the key dance sounds a bit different than what I was trying, so I'll give that another shot. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 06 Apr 2015, 11:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

I finally succeeded in doing the key dance, and only have the P0138 code, which I think is something to do with the OČ sensor. If that is the case, is there any chance that this could also have blown that #19 fuse, and/or be causing any troubles with my dead cruise control? Anybody?