Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help with eBay Air Intake!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2015, 12:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help with eBay Air Intake!

So maybe I'm just an idiot but I can't figure this out. Before you judge I'm not that mechanically inclined. Anywho, I bought an eBay air intake, an Injen filter and was ready to install. There it two things I can't figure out. Where do the mounting brackets go and where does the hose go? There isn't anywhere for it to go on the tube. Sorry for my not so technical terms. Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 07 Apr 2015, 06:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help with eBay Air Intake!

Welcome to the forum.

You didn't say what year PT you have or if it's a turbo or non-turbo and it does make a difference.

Assuming it's an older PT/non-turbo, you need two INPUTS to the side of the elbow part of the new short ram intake. You need a nipple that will accept the blue hose where it runs from the upper right side of the valve cover (vacuum line). You also need another hole which is covered by a rubber grommet. This will accept the IAT (Intake Air Temperature sensor (picture below).

You might have both inputs, just doesn't show it on the picture you provided. It does show the hole and grommet/hole for the IAT.

To tell the truth, that short ram elbow probably won't need the metal support bracket as you'll have two hose clamps for the blue connection to the throttle body and if you tighten it down good, it will hold the elbow and filter in the correct position without any help. See my middle picture in my signature. Mine doesn't need any support bracket.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Apr 2015, 08:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

As shown in CREWZIN's post above, the IAT sensor goes in the hole on the tube. You can see it plugged into the silver tube on my old 2001 PT Limited:

And assuming your PT does not have a turbo, the hose attaches to the nipple on the tube and then attaches to the vent nipple on the driver's side rear corner of the valve cover.

Here's the location of the nipple on the valve cover. I plugged up the nipple on my air intake tube and then used a separate vent filter on the valve cover. It worked great. Your hose will attache where I have the little blue filter in this photo.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 07 Apr 2015 at 08:20 am.
Old 07 Apr 2015, 01:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry for my lack of info. I'm new here! It is a 2002 2.4 non turbo. The hole the sensor goes in to, there is an identical hole right next to it. There is no nipple it's just a secondary hole. I'll try and get some pictures up later.

Tags
air, air airbox intake airaid, airbox, intake