Any quirks i should look for

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By cruserdad1976

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2015, 10:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Any quirks i should look for

well hopefully looking at a 2001 Limited in the next few days are there any PT specifics (other than the bushes) that i should look for ?
it will get the usual under body squint the best ya can with a high power LED and without a ramp LOL.
Old 09 Apr 2015, 11:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Any quirks i should look for

Turn the car on and let it idle. Turn the A/C on high and let the car sit there for 10-15 minutes and keep an eye on the temp gauge. It shouldn't rise above half way.

If it has fog lights, turn them on with the left steering column stalk, a green light should come on in the dash. Visually inspect the lights from outside, then turn them off and make sure they do turn off.

Of course take it for a ride. try and find a bumpy road, listen for unusual banging or knocks. Find a smooth road, low speed, turn the wheel left and right and listen for any grinding. Try the brakes a couple times from low and higher speed.
hobbit1066 likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Apr 2015, 12:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

just remember you are looking at a car that is now 15 years old things ware out things break metal getts fatigued the list could be like really long what CREZWIN says is great but man be sure you get what you want -----------if you want a GT GET A GT if you want a stick get a STICK its to expensive to come back later and say can i make this a TURBO can i get better millage Buy what you really want oh and the MPG is gonna be in the 20-23 range it will not get better no matter what you try to do to it just mt 2 cents
hobbit1066 likes this.
Old 09 Apr 2015, 12:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

cheers both , yeah i know the fuel eco is poor but its better than the other choices i was looking at V6 3.0 Jag's and V6 3.2 mercs LOL there in the 18's at best even the Kompressor is low 20's

so the PT is a little better just - not seen GT or Turbo's in the UK , i bet they are about but more than i have
Old 09 Apr 2015, 02:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

in the UK you should ahve the CRD desiel and it getts great MPG but i hear its kind of pricey id say fiond something with under 100,000 miles (not shure what that is on KMs)

check the frount wheel berings check the fan the timing belt is a MUST at around 100,000 they ahve to be done and over here it is around $1000

dop what CREZWIN said he is dead on the rets is basic maintance