Advertisements
07 PT Cruiser No Brake Light and Tail Lights

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2015, 04:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 07 PT Cruiser No Brake Light and Tail Lights

On my 07 PT Cruiser my brake light and tail lights stop working while I'm driving and my one headlight and one hazard light stays on. The only way the one head light and hazard light turn off is when I turn the car off and take the key out. I changed the multifuction switch and it didn't do anything. Somebody told me try to change the brake light switch or probably the TIPM. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 21 Apr 2015, 08:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 07 PT Cruiser No Brake Light and Tail Lights

I would suggest to look at your TIPM. You might try disconnecting the battery cable on the negative side, turn on your head lights, turn off your headlights, wait 5 minutes, put the battery cable back on and see if that helps. I have an 2007 PT Cruiser and also am leaning towards the TIPM as being my problem also.

Have you taken a voltmeter reading to see if you have voltage going to the brake switch and taillight sockets?
Ray_Dockrey likes this.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 21 Apr 2015 at 08:22 pm.
Old 22 Apr 2015, 07:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 07 PT Cruiser No Brake Light and Tail Lights

Thanks for reply ptcruisersteve.......... yes i did check the voltage and its fine. So i will do what you suggested. I will let you know what happen.