po137 & oil pressure light

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT
  • 1 Post By LNBNDN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default po137 & oil pressure light

The pt cruiser is no longer my daily driver. So if the car sits for a couple of days the engine code po137 bank 1 sensor 2 low voltage comes on. I delete it and does erase. but will come back on if it sits. I want to change it but want to make sure I get the right sensor. After searching some post on here I believe it is the sensor near the catalytic converter. here is the link to where i am thinking about ordering the part from http://www.stevewhiteparts.com/chrysler/pt-cruiser/5033200aa/2004-year/gt-trim/2-4l-l4-gas-engine/emission-system-cat/emission-components-scat/?part_name=oxygen-sensor

Also the oil pressure light sometimes comes on when you first start it. But if you shut it off and turn it back on the oil light won't come back on. the oil is full and there is no leaks. I think this is the part I need. OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT for 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser|5149098AA

Last edited by LNBNDN; 26 Apr 2015 at 12:15 pm. Reason: missed details
Old 26 Apr 2015, 12:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: po137 & oil pressure light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBNDN View Post
The pt cruiser is no longer my daily driver. So if the car sits for a couple of days the engine code po137 bank 1 sensor 2 low voltage comes on. I delete it and does erase. but will come back on if it sits. I want to change it but want to make sure I get the right sensor. After searching some post on here I believe it is the sensor near the catalytic converter. here is the link to where i am thinking about ordering the part from OXYGEN SENSOR for 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser|5033200AA
this could be a bad sensor connection, or you might get it to go away by getting the cat good and hot so it can burn itself clean. personally i'd try beating on the car a bit and inspecting the connector for corrosion and checking the sensor ground with a multimeter first. could also be a gummed up injector sticking. you did say it sits, so any of those are just as likely as the sensor being the problem. the difference is you'd need to buy the sensor. i'm not a big fan of throwing money at parts that may or may not be the problem, so i troubleshoot first. besides the sensor, you'll probably also need to buy the socket for it.

Quote:
Also the oil pressure light sometimes comes on when you first start it. But if you shut it off and turn it back on the oil light won't come back on. the oil is full and there is no leaks. I think this is the part I need. OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT for 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser|5149098AA
that's the right one. i used a $11 autozone oil pressure switch. lifetime warranty, and will be fine. mine is holding up fine. it's not a critically precise sensor, just a pressure switch.

Last edited by rob342; 26 Apr 2015 at 12:48 pm.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 01:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Are you using a OBDII Scan Tool to reset the engine trouble codes?
Old 26 Apr 2015, 01:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Are you using a OBDII Scan Tool to reset the engine trouble codes?
yes have a code reader
Old 26 Apr 2015, 01:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not necessarily for the author of this thread....Steve aka ptcruisersteve.. The indication to me reading this thread is the author is simply re-setting the DTC(S) and is not checking or is able to check the I/M Readiness file for pending issues. So the DTC(s) re-setting is only resting the light, the trouble causing the DTC(S) still exists. This is so often a misconception many have when they "clear" (reset) a DTC(s). That is why I often suggest that the investment in a Diagnostic Scanning tool be one that will view the I/M Readiness area as well the normal DTC files.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 26 Apr 2015, 02:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Not necessarily for the author of this thread....Steve aka ptcruisersteve.. The indication to me reading this thread is the author is simply re-setting the DTC(S) and is not checking or is able to check the I/M Readiness file for pending issues. So the DTC(s) re-setting is only resting the light, the trouble causing the DTC(S) still exists. This is so often a misconception many have when they "clear" (reset) a DTC(s). That is why I often suggest that the investment in a Diagnostic Scanning tool be one that will view the I/M Readiness area as well the normal DTC files.
NitroPT,
Thanks for explaining it making it more clear.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 26 Apr 2015 at 03:15 pm.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 02:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
I was just looking at the scan tool Manuel. it says i am able to check I/M monitors and have an o2 monitor test. never really had to use this scanner before.
NitroPT likes this.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"KOOL", then if you go into the readiness section after you reset the DTC(S) I am sure you will find that your Emissions is in fault indicating an unresolved issue or a corrected issue that the engine has not cycled at least one time.
The scanner you appear to have can also check most all the OBDII components that you can compare the information with the Factory Service Manual (NOT Haynes , Chilton or Clymer manuals) with the information.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 26 Apr 2015, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I was just looking at the scan tool Manuel. it says i am able to check I/M monitors and have an o2 monitor test. never really had to use this scanner before.
Does your OBDII Scan Tool have the continuous 02 monitor or is it a non-continuous 02 monitor?
Old 26 Apr 2015, 02:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
"KOOL", then if you go into the readiness section after you reset the DTC(S) I am sure you will find that your Emissions is in fault indicating an unresolved issue or a corrected issue that the engine has not cycled at least one time.
The scanner you appear to have can also check most all the OBDII components that you can compare the information with the Factory Service Manual (NOT Haynes , Chilton or Clymer manuals) with the information.
After checking the i/m monitors the scanner says the oxygen senor monitor and heater monitor are incomplete.

the the o2 monitor is not an on-demand test.

I tried using the o2 test but it said unable to read.

I probably have to update my scanner or get a better one.