Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Test drove a limited Turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 May 2015, 01:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Test drove a limited Turbo

So, I posted an intro thread a few weeks back indicating that I was thinking about purchasing a PT Cruiser GT, I was finally able to find a turbo model to test drive, it was an 05 Limited Turbo, this particular one had lived a rough life, but I was mainly looking to see how it drove and handled, and I liked it. I just wish that I had the opportunity to test drive a Turbo manual before I make a purchase. I have found an 06 GT manual that I am thinking about.. looking ot purchase within the next two weeks or so... These are nice vehicles

I was trying to find some threads that ask what to look for, but wasn't spotting any I probably missed them.... But when looking to purchase what are a few things to look out for on the 06 models? I am looking to make a cross country road trip with it shortly after the purchase, so wanting to know as much as possible before I make a decision. Thanks.
Old 09 May 2015, 01:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Test drove a limited Turbo

What is is making you decide on the year 2006?

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/PT_Cruiser/2006/

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 09 May 2015 at 01:54 am.
Old 09 May 2015, 02:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

I am looking at a 2006 GT as that is one of the extremely few that meet my criteria going to be using my bank to finance it, (10yrs old or newer, >100K Miles, dealership) I have been looking on autotrader and cars.com, as well as craigslist, cargurus... etc and so far that is one of the few I have come across that are manual transmissions, I hate automatics and I refuse to purchase one... Also cross shopping a Neon SRT4, Caliber SRT4, HHR SS
Old 09 May 2015, 07:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

To bad your not near canada a low milage dream 2 five sp. asking 45 or best offer on The crew. But that is beyond the ten year thing to.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 09 May 2015, 08:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
To bad your not near canada a low milage dream 2 five sp. asking 45 or best offer on The crew. But that is beyond the ten year thing to.
Wow that is a nice one for sale and nicely modded too. Wouldn't have to do anything to it except enjoy. Plus the price works out to about $3700 US after the exchange rate!
Old 09 May 2015, 09:35 am
Banned

Whatever you're looking at, it would be wise to inquire if the timing belt work has been done. If not, you may be able to get that costly repair, or some of it, negotiated off the price. That work runs anywhere from about $800 to $1300, depending on where you are and the skill level of your shop/mechanic.Good luck on your hunt, and I hope you find something you enjoy!
Old 09 May 2015, 08:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Test drove a limited Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Whatever you're looking at, it would be wise to inquire if the timing belt work has been done. If not, you may be able to get that costly repair, or some of it, negotiated off the price. That work runs anywhere from about $800 to $1300, depending on where you are and the skill level of your shop/mechanic.Good luck on your hunt, and I hope you find something you enjoy!
THIS ^^^^^^

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 14 May 2015, 07:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have a question with regards to the 2004 PT GT... what is the reliability normally pretty consistent with the manual transmission or are they usually hit or miss I have found a very nice 2004 GT with under 75k miles.

And I had already figured on asking about the timing belt, that is a pretty important belt to replace regularly.
Old 14 May 2015, 07:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonDeath View Post
I have a question with regards to the 2004 PT GT... what is the reliability normally pretty consistent with the manual transmission or are they usually hit or miss I have found a very nice 2004 GT with under 75k miles.

And I had already figured on asking about the timing belt, that is a pretty important belt to replace regularly.
I have been looking for a 2005 PT Cruiser with manual transmission myself. The only concern I have is getting parts for the 1st Generation.
Old 14 May 2015, 07:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

are parts for the first gens kind of hard to find, or what?