PT Cruiser Forum

PT Cruiser Forum (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/)
-   General PT Cruiser Discussions (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/general-pt-cruiser-discussions/)
-   -   The Death of my Cruiser (http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/general-pt-cruiser-discussions/56760-death-my-cruiser.html)

KeMo 17 May 2015 12:00 pm

The Death of my Cruiser
 
It was a sad day. On Thursday, May 14th, I was hit by a kid turning while I was going straight in my Cruiser. I've had it since 2006. It was an '03.
The frame is twisted, and the front end is shot. I might buy it back from the insurance company to sell for parts, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

http://i60.tinypic.com/24uz1fp.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/28uji4k.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2hcqqed.jpg

thehoghunter 17 May 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
That sucks...hope you have no injuries (or anyone else for that matter).

KeMo 17 May 2015 02:41 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
I got dinged up a bit. In pain, and still finding bruises I didn't know I had.

Busted_PT 17 May 2015 03:02 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
Looks clean a well keep.. Be a good time to get that Pt you didn't get. not sure there is any money in junking it. The best body parts are trashed. :confused: But retail price for yours could be a good opportunity to move up to a higher optioned well keeped PT. Some places they are not great movers. I sell them pretty good so far.:cool:Seen a dream 2 for sail on the crew for a good asking price. :cool:

KeMo 17 May 2015 04:31 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busted_PT (Post 569878)
Looks clean a well keep.. Be a good time to get that Pt you didn't get. not sure there is any money in junking it. The best body parts are trashed. :confused: But retail price for yours could be a good opportunity to move up to a higher optioned well keeped PT. Some places they are not great movers. I sell them pretty good so far.:cool:Seen a dream 2 for sail on the crew for a good asking price. :cool:

I haven't got to see it yet since the accident. My step-sister took the pics for me. I know I put a new starter in it last year, and the alternator is only a few years old. I think I replaced in in '08 or '09. My battery exploded on impact, so that's no good. It was only 2 years old. Had 3/4 of a tank of gas in it too. :(

Not sure if I'm gonna get another Cruiser. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. All I know is I think it's BS that I was driving my PAID OFF car normally, then some idiot kid can plow into me, and I gotta get a new car that I'm going to have to pay a car note on. It's another expense I don't need. :angry:

Busted_PT 17 May 2015 05:26 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KeMo (Post 569882)
I haven't got to see it yet since the accident. My step-sister took the pics for me. I know I put a new starter in it last year, and the alternator is only a few years old. I think I replaced in in '08 or '09. My battery exploded on impact, so that's no good. It was only 2 years old. Had 3/4 of a tank of gas in it too. :(

Not sure if I'm gonna get another Cruiser. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. All I know is I think it's BS that I was driving my PAID OFF car normally, then some idiot kid can plow into me, and I gotta get a new car that I'm going to have to pay a car note on. It's another expense I don't need. :angry:

Condition and milage play a big roll in what it's worth. You should get full suggested retail price for it. not private party price. If you look around and shop right you just might make it work for you.:cool:

rckstein 17 May 2015 05:58 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
That pretty much sucks, but glad to hear you're ok. Did the other driver have insurance or is yours covering your damages? If their insurance, don't be so quick to sign the settlement agreement especially if you have bumps and bruises, they may be worth some compensation.

Vlefaive 17 May 2015 06:07 pm

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
Just plain sucks.. Every time one of my kids peels out in mine I get a brief moment of worry for all the dummies out there tooling around with one eye on twitter and one hand on the coffee... or worse.

KeMo 18 May 2015 10:21 am

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busted_PT (Post 569887)
Condition and milage play a big roll in what it's worth. You should get full suggested retail price for it. not private party price. If you look around and shop right you just might make it work for you.:cool:

I took very good care of my Cruiser. Except for chips in the paint and some idiot keying my back passenger door in the past. I think I was just over 117k. But that's from owning it for 9 years. I'm hoping it'll all work out. Never had to go through anything like this before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rckstein (Post 569892)
That pretty much sucks, but glad to hear you're ok. Did the other driver have insurance or is yours covering your damages? If their insurance, don't be so quick to sign the settlement agreement especially if you have bumps and bruises, they may be worth some compensation.

We're both covered insurance wise. I just got off the phone with his claim adjuster to give my side of the story. Still waiting to hear from mine. I gotta pick a auto body shop to take it to. And I think they're going to tell me it's totaled and I'm not getting my Cruiser fixed. :(

rckstein 18 May 2015 10:37 am

Re: The Death of my Cruiser
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KeMo (Post 569946)
I took very good care of my Cruiser. Except for chips in the paint and some idiot keying my back passenger door in the past. I think I was just over 117k. But that's from owning it for 9 years. I'm hoping it'll all work out. Never had to go through anything like this before.



We're both covered insurance wise. I just got off the phone with his claim adjuster to give my side of the story. Still waiting to hear from mine. I gotta pick a auto body shop to take it to. And I think they're going to tell me it's totaled and I'm not getting my Cruiser fixed. :(

Please do your own research on Kelley Blue Book and NADA pricing, to get the best pricing on your PT to use as a bargaining chip with the other insurance company, don't be so quick to accept their first offer. Also, you might want to get a CARFAX report on your PT. When I ran mine a while back, their system gave me an extra allowance for being low mileage. Most likely they will total it, and they will want to settle quickly before you get the notion to consult an attorney.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96