PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
The Death of my Cruiser

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2015, 12:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default The Death of my Cruiser

It was a sad day. On Thursday, May 14th, I was hit by a kid turning while I was going straight in my Cruiser. I've had it since 2006. It was an '03.
The frame is twisted, and the front end is shot. I might buy it back from the insurance company to sell for parts, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Old 17 May 2015, 12:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: The Death of my Cruiser

That sucks...hope you have no injuries (or anyone else for that matter).

2005 N/A 5 speed manual - Booger bushings, K&N Filter, MSD spark plug wires, APC Taillights, Accra-Form Running Boards, Hubcap Mike's Spoke Hubcaps, Retrosound radio (usb1-2/aux1-2/bluetooth), Chrysler 1949 Hood Ornament, and a Flameball white pearl shift knob (which makes it go faster).
Old 17 May 2015, 02:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I got dinged up a bit. In pain, and still finding bruises I didn't know I had.
Old 17 May 2015, 03:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Looks clean a well keep.. Be a good time to get that Pt you didn't get. not sure there is any money in junking it. The best body parts are trashed. But retail price for yours could be a good opportunity to move up to a higher optioned well keeped PT. Some places they are not great movers. I sell them pretty good so far.Seen a dream 2 for sail on the crew for a good asking price.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 May 2015, 04:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Looks clean a well keep.. Be a good time to get that Pt you didn't get. not sure there is any money in junking it. The best body parts are trashed. But retail price for yours could be a good opportunity to move up to a higher optioned well keeped PT. Some places they are not great movers. I sell them pretty good so far.Seen a dream 2 for sail on the crew for a good asking price.
I haven't got to see it yet since the accident. My step-sister took the pics for me. I know I put a new starter in it last year, and the alternator is only a few years old. I think I replaced in in '08 or '09. My battery exploded on impact, so that's no good. It was only 2 years old. Had 3/4 of a tank of gas in it too.

Not sure if I'm gonna get another Cruiser. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. All I know is I think it's BS that I was driving my PAID OFF car normally, then some idiot kid can plow into me, and I gotta get a new car that I'm going to have to pay a car note on. It's another expense I don't need.
Old 17 May 2015, 05:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMo View Post
I haven't got to see it yet since the accident. My step-sister took the pics for me. I know I put a new starter in it last year, and the alternator is only a few years old. I think I replaced in in '08 or '09. My battery exploded on impact, so that's no good. It was only 2 years old. Had 3/4 of a tank of gas in it too.

Not sure if I'm gonna get another Cruiser. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. All I know is I think it's BS that I was driving my PAID OFF car normally, then some idiot kid can plow into me, and I gotta get a new car that I'm going to have to pay a car note on. It's another expense I don't need.
Condition and milage play a big roll in what it's worth. You should get full suggested retail price for it. not private party price. If you look around and shop right you just might make it work for you.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 May 2015, 05:58 pm
Banned

That pretty much sucks, but glad to hear you're ok. Did the other driver have insurance or is yours covering your damages? If their insurance, don't be so quick to sign the settlement agreement especially if you have bumps and bruises, they may be worth some compensation.
Old 17 May 2015, 06:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Just plain sucks.. Every time one of my kids peels out in mine I get a brief moment of worry for all the dummies out there tooling around with one eye on twitter and one hand on the coffee... or worse.
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 18 May 2015, 10:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Condition and milage play a big roll in what it's worth. You should get full suggested retail price for it. not private party price. If you look around and shop right you just might make it work for you.
I took very good care of my Cruiser. Except for chips in the paint and some idiot keying my back passenger door in the past. I think I was just over 117k. But that's from owning it for 9 years. I'm hoping it'll all work out. Never had to go through anything like this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
That pretty much sucks, but glad to hear you're ok. Did the other driver have insurance or is yours covering your damages? If their insurance, don't be so quick to sign the settlement agreement especially if you have bumps and bruises, they may be worth some compensation.
We're both covered insurance wise. I just got off the phone with his claim adjuster to give my side of the story. Still waiting to hear from mine. I gotta pick a auto body shop to take it to. And I think they're going to tell me it's totaled and I'm not getting my Cruiser fixed.
Old 18 May 2015, 10:37 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMo View Post
I took very good care of my Cruiser. Except for chips in the paint and some idiot keying my back passenger door in the past. I think I was just over 117k. But that's from owning it for 9 years. I'm hoping it'll all work out. Never had to go through anything like this before.

We're both covered insurance wise. I just got off the phone with his claim adjuster to give my side of the story. Still waiting to hear from mine. I gotta pick a auto body shop to take it to. And I think they're going to tell me it's totaled and I'm not getting my Cruiser fixed.
Please do your own research on Kelley Blue Book and NADA pricing, to get the best pricing on your PT to use as a bargaining chip with the other insurance company, don't be so quick to accept their first offer. Also, you might want to get a CARFAX report on your PT. When I ran mine a while back, their system gave me an extra allowance for being low mileage. Most likely they will total it, and they will want to settle quickly before you get the notion to consult an attorney.