Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 PTC Power Window Motor *Wire*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2015, 09:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 PTC Power Window Motor *Wire*

My driver side power window went down and never came back up. So I removed the door panel and inspected the wire first. As I moved it a bit (and no, I didn't disconnect the battery), I pushed the button and it moved up.

The problem is the wire is spliced open at the connector point of the motor as well as a little bit at the main connector. (See attached photos. Second photo in first reply)

My question is, is it possible to ONLY replace the wire or do we have to buy the entire PWM assembly? And if so, where could I purchase this, besides a junk yard?

Last thing; my DumbA broke the white plastic piece that helps open the door from the inside. It's the piece the rod connects into and swings around when pulling on the inside handle. Can I buy just that piece or have to buy an entire door assembly?

Thank You in advance for any and all help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (78.9 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Triplesevn; 24 May 2015 at 09:17 pm. Reason: Added info
Old 24 May 2015, 09:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PTC Power Window Motor *Wire*

This is the end that connects to the main connector. The other end is far worse, with exposed copper wire. I used electrical tape but kept it disconnected to be safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 24 May 2015, 10:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

See whats available on eBay.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 May 2015, 10:33 am
Veteran Cruiser

You can cut that ribbed part back, then solder and heat shrink. I fix stuff like that. http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...ost561070.html
Old 25 May 2015, 10:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Seems to be another common issue just like the plastic side panel for the power seat that breaks.

Window wire had the same issue on my wifes Drivers side window stopped working on wife's 2006
Old 27 May 2015, 03:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the responses so far. I may just buy the entire motor assembly since it's around $55 (JC Whitney). Just seems like such an easier fix to replace the wire only since it is plugged in and held with screws, at least appears so.

I took the panels off the other three doors and they are having the same issue. The wire is too short and seems to rub on the steel inner door frame but they are not as bad as the drivers side since it sees the most usage. Still, the part that has spliced open is right there at the connector point where there's nothing to rub against. So that's just weird...

As for the clip I broke while taking the other part of the door panel off, I can't find any info on that. I'm gonna call the local junk yards I guess. I don't even know what it's called other than a piece for the inner door handle assembly.

Last edited by Triplesevn; 27 May 2015 at 03:10 pm. Reason: Added info