Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dash covers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2015, 11:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Dash covers

We found two perfect dash covers on twin silver 05 Cruisers in the junkyard a couple days ago. These are the only good dash covers we have ever found in the junkyard.
Every car we have seen in the junkyard with a taupe dash cover has a broken mess on the dash. Never saw one yet with a clean dash top from removal of a good covers, always a jumble of chips and chunks or several splits from the windshield to the dash.
On the other hand many black dash cars have a clean dash or a dash with a few cracks or perhaps one crack only.
Now my Dream I has a taupe cover that is perfect so was it a garage car? We believe in windshield covers and use them all the time. A quality piece is about $35 which fits the windshield opening completely.
I'm guessing the plastic compound for the black covers is different from the taupe ones.
We put one of the covers in the Woodie. Looks great.the other will be stored in the closet until we need it.