Advertisements
interior lights and cluster

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Glaslizy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2015, 08:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default interior lights and cluster

Our 2005 convertible 2.4 turbo GT has a cluster inoperative . When we open the door the interior lights and "odometer /door" doesn't light up and cluster inoperative when started. If I remove the "iod" fuse,disconnect battery ,or other interior light fuses,on the next start it functions normally until shut off for a short time ie.a few minutes,when it is non functional again . This vehicle is an imported US unit and had a daytime running light system added which picks up its power from a blue wire near the headlight switch .Removing the fuse to that relay has no effect on the issue , however the original added fuse was corroded and overheated . The vehicle runs and drives well .
Old 03 Jun 2015, 10:46 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: interior lights and cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaslizy View Post
Our 2005 convertible 2.4 turbo GT has a cluster inoperative . When we open the door the interior lights and "odometer /door" doesn't light up and cluster inoperative when started. If I remove the "iod" fuse,disconnect battery ,or other interior light fuses,on the next start it functions normally until shut off for a short time ie.a few minutes,when it is non functional again . This vehicle is an imported US unit and had a daytime running light system added which picks up its power from a blue wire near the headlight switch .Removing the fuse to that relay has no effect on the issue , however the original added fuse was corroded and overheated . The vehicle runs and drives well .
All I can think of is the cluster being bad. But be careful, if u replace that, u gotta worry about mileage, and the title, I replaced one on a 2000 Pontiac sun fire, was reading 198,000 but when I put new cluster in, read 62,988
Old 03 Jun 2015, 10:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaslizy View Post
The addition of the daytime driving lights really complicates the diagnosis. It's always possible that pulling power from the wrong source may have burned something out.

My own experience, and other reports on this forum indicate that it may just be a bad ignition switch (actuator). But it's impossible to tell based on what you know so far.

If you want, I can give you a GT cluster that I experimented with in a N/A PT. Several of the warning light bulbs are gone and it's been modified a little. But the rest worked last time I tried it. If you want to try it just to rule out a bad cluster, you can have it if you pay shipping. Just PM me if you think that might help.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 08:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008ptcruzrtouring View Post
All I can think of is the cluster being bad. But be careful, if u replace that, u gotta worry about mileage, and the title, I replaced one on a 2000 Pontiac sun fire, was reading 198,000 but when I put new cluster in, read 62,988
Our problem was the cluster ... We had the cluster repaired by Custone Electromotive in Whitby,Ontario Canada . I had the cluster in hand but left the car so they could reinstall and check it . They found a defective integrated circuit and replaced it all for $175.00 all in .Far less than the cost of a new cluster . So it's back to happy motoring for my wife !!! Happy wife ,Happy life ... Thanks for everone's interest and suggestions .
rckstein and wingman55 like this.