PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help finding grill

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2015, 06:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Post Help finding grill

Hello, i was looking around for some grills for my Dream Cruiser Series 1 ,but i have seen just chrome strips.I have seen many members with really awesome grills and was looking to get one my self.I was just hopping any of you guys could guide me by the correct path in getting a good grill for my cruzer.
Old 03 Jun 2015, 07:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help finding grill

Not sure what your looking for but try this site for a couple different front ends...

PTEAZER - Your Source For PT Cruiser Parts, PT Cruiser Aftermarket Parts, PT Cruiser Accessories, PT Cruiser Conversions, PT Cruiser Modifications and Panel Conversions

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Jun 2015, 07:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here Ya go....
2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Custom Grilles | Billet, Mesh, LED, Chrome, Black

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Jun 2015, 08:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Yea those are some of the ones i have seen. I have a doubt about the APG billet grille. will that replace the stock one? I'm asking that because my stock grille is broken its just being hold by the top bolts, and need it to be replace.
Old 03 Jun 2015, 09:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy1a View Post
Yea those are some of the ones i have seen. I have a doubt about the APG billet grille. will that replace the stock one? I'm asking that because my stock grille is broken its just being hold by the top bolts, and need it to be replace.
Contact them, but my understanding is they all replace the stock one.
I have an E&G classics billet grille and love it.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Help finding grill

Or, just a billet grille.
I found mine (the lower that I cut to fit) on eBay!
Fits 2000 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Billet Grille Grill Combo Insert | eBay

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!

Last edited by soonercruiser; 28 Nov 2015 at 10:24 pm.
Old 04 Jun 2015, 01:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post

Yea i found one on ebay for $87. Im going to get it and later on update some pictures of it. Thank you all for your help!
Old 27 Nov 2015, 11:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi everyone. I've also been looking for a chrome front grille but I keep on reading (in the sellers descriptions) that their grilles (bottom part) do not fit a turbo model. I have a 2004 light turbo touring Pt. Why wouldn't the bottom part of the grille fit as they mention?

Also, I was wondering if the strip type of grilles is crap (seen here 2000 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Chrome Trim FOR Upper Lower Grill Grille 5yr Wrnty | eBay )

It's plastic so I assume it won't last and it'll lose it's finish real quick, right?

Any suggestions to find a grille that would fit a turbo model?

Thnx for all the help.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 11:58 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

If you want to stay somewhat stock, I actually have a very nice two piece first generation chrome grill set that my son gave me for SOOO BIG, a 2005 PT. I'm not going to use them as the upper one has the tinyest bit of road chip. I'm anal about that. It must be pristine. The chrome finish is in great condition. A normal person looking at it would think me ill advise to not use it, as the chips aren't visible when installed.
Be that as it may, admittedly, I'm not normal, so I'll part with it for $25.00 plus shipping. First come, first serve.
This particular style of aftermarket grill, in my opinion, has a better look that the original chrome grill that comes with the chrome package. See photos. It has more heft and substance than the original that was on SOOO BIG. That original set end up in the hands of another satisfied Forum member when I decided to change SOOO BIG's look. To each his own.
I'd ordered the billet set mentioned in the thread and was completely disappointing with their quality and "Chinese" construction. The mounts were ineffectively positioned, the billets weren't aligned and the aluminum was of a poor quality that couldn't even be manipulated with out breaking at the welds. This was actually a suggestion in the kit instruction. "during shipment the billets may be bent. Simply bend them back into realignment." The misalignment wasn't just horizontal but the curvatures themselves were misaligned at assembly in the welding jig! Yay "Chinese " technology!
When I contacted the supplier he checked his stock and thanked me for that feed back. He even suggest he'd pay the cost to me to fashion a resolve. I guess he figured it was well worth his while to find a solution to his bad stock. I declined as it was a case of making a silk purse out of a sows ear! He returned all that stock back to the source and gave me a complete refund. It's hard to find good ones in the billet style.
SOOO BIG's gettin' a new chrome grill just like the insert picture for Christmas!
This'd be a reasonable way for you to get that chrome "look" at a rock bottom price. I'll throw in the stand by grill assembly if you need it. We'd held in reserve during SOOO BIG's reincarnation. It's a good quality aftermarket grill assembly. The yard where I found it wouldn't let me take it off their PT and the stumble fingered yard guy didn't do one or two of the mount hooks justice. A bit of plastic epoxy repair will put that right in a few minutes.
Advise. Happy PTin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Grill, Skuff Guard and Chrysler Emblem on Vanity Cover 001.jpg (89.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg New chrome grills.jpg (96.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2005 pt cruiser lft ft 003.jpg (90.6 KB, 15 views)
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 28 Nov 2015 at 12:32 am.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 10:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Help finding grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post

This is a turbo PT!
The lower grille is in a Xenon Crusher bumper, where the opening is smaller than standard.
SOOOOOOO...
Just cut it down to fit, like I did!
ptprice likes this.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!