PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SRT4 Intake Manifold, Turbo on PT Cruiser (COMPLETED)

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default SRT4 Intake Manifold, Turbo on PT Cruiser (COMPLETED)

So, i was having an issue with a TPS Sensor dealing with the volts reading backwards.. i figured out what was wrong so if anyone else try's this on there pt cruiser here is how to fix it.

i have a pt cruiser that i wanted to run a srt4 intake manifold on and the pt cruiser tb opens differently then a srt4 tb, so the tps sensors are different and the polarity is also different, which makes sense since the tb's open up backwards form one another. To fix this issue all you do is swap the positive red wire and black ground wire. so black goes where the red wire is and red goes where the black wire is. a photo of my finished product, excuse the messy wiring mess i will clean it up and make it look more professional, it was just a hack job to get the car running and to make sure all is working correct.

This is a N/A motor with a srt4 turbo setup. Waiting on my final tuned ecu form Kevin Sykes-Bonnett will be running stage 1 blue tip srt4 injectors with srt4 stock map sensor. Should have my new tps sensor and final tuned ecu this week. Also waiting to get a threaded IAT sensor so i can delete the stock 90 degree elbow, right now the IAT is duct taped in so it don't blow out form the elbow.. crappy i know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150608_184638.jpg (86.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 20150608_184605.jpg (72.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20150608_184619.jpg (66.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 08 Jun 2015, 10:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: SRT4 Intake Manifold, Turbo on PT Cruiser (COMPLETED)

LOL Keven called me about this!
He does PCM calibrations not really a diagnostic trouble shooter next pm a member here on this forum.

Nice "weird" project! One for the books.

No really I think it is great that you lived up to your member name! madscientistdohc

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 08 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
LOL Keven called me about this!
He does PCM calibrations not really a diagnostic trouble shooter next pm a member here on this forum.

Nice "weird" project! One for the books.

No really I think it is great that you lived up to your member name! madscientistdohc

Thanks, yea i wasn't going to give up till i had it fixed. that's for sure it was just taunting me. i had moved and all and had to put it on the back burner for a few weeks.
Old 08 Jun 2015, 11:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientistdohc View Post
Thanks, yea i wasn't going to give up till i had it fixed. that's for sure it was just taunting me. i had moved and all and had to put it on the back burner for a few weeks.
The problem was puzzling as it was described from Keven. We had both agreed it was NOT PCM calibration related.
I called Ed Peters who actually came up with the solution. I don't know how or if it was relayed to you though?

I guess well see how it all works out? So keep us interested members posted. Good , bad or indifferent you did quiet and undertaking on this project.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 09 Jun 2015, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
The problem was puzzling as it was described from Keven. We had both agreed it was NOT PCM calibration related.
I called Ed Peters who actually came up with the solution. I don't know how or if it was relayed to you though?

I guess well see how it all works out? So keep us interested members posted. Good , bad or indifferent you did quiet and undertaking on this project.
Will do, i don't know if the intake manifold will help performance any over a pt cruiser turbo intake manifold, i know it will help over the stock plastic n.a manifold that came with the car. but, it sure does say "yes, it can be done" and i did it and stuck with it, because it's what I wanted in MY car and it looks cool as hell. lol
Old 09 Jun 2015, 04:01 pm
Veteran Cruiser

same thing on a civic when you swap it from DPFI to MPFI. TPS turns backwards. https://www.google.com/search?q=civi...swap+tps+wires

if you'd mentioned that here i could have saved you a lot of time. i learned that back in '97.

Last edited by rob342; 09 Jun 2015 at 04:04 pm.
Old 09 Jun 2015, 04:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well, i ended up closing on a house in the middle of my build and that took my mind away form things.. i have done many of those honda swaps just my mind was focused on moving and all and not on the car anymore until recently.
Old 09 Jun 2015, 06:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

if you have a laser temp gun i'm curious to know if the intake is cooler now because the fan blows on it, or if the temp is increased because it's so close to the radiator.

i mean the radiator isn't really that hot, but the air blowing through it isn't really cool... could go either way, ya know?
Old 09 Jun 2015, 06:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
if you have a laser temp gun i'm curious to know if the intake is cooler now because the fan blows on it, or if the temp is increased because it's so close to the radiator.

i mean the radiator isn't really that hot, but the air blowing through it isn't really cool... could go either way, ya know?
Hmmm.. i know my over all temps are wicked low.. car warms up to middle on the temp gauge and once fan kicks in the temps drop and stay low. i am running a 180 degree thermostat as well, but this fan is awesome. Its a 12" slim fan and moves 1730 CFM so like i said car runs really cool. I don't mind checking on that intake temp this weekend though. I will check let u know.
rob342 likes this.
Old 09 Jun 2015, 07:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just to help ya..if you are running a 180F thermostat then your gauge on the dash should be well below the middle mark.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 09 Jun 2015 at 07:53 pm.