PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Getting excited

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2015, 01:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Getting excited

I have to say I'm getting excited, working on obtaining a new to me Black Cruiser from my Aunt, barely been driven, has regular maintenance. She's been talking about no longer wanting to drive and I'm hoping I can buy it off her. I've driven it a few times when other vehicles were down, January had to jump start it for her. Not sure of the year think its 2005,2006.

I really miss my 2003 Electric blue cruiser, it was my clown car. 2010 insurance company totaled my baby out. The Caravan was acting up so let my wife drive my car for a few weeks and a double cab truck plowed the passenger side. Truck might have been totaled out as well lost a wheel and front end, cruiser just had new brakes so was able to stop both vehicles safely with losing passenger front wheel and front of car.

Thankfully my wife walked away and so did the lady who caused it not paying attention. Wife still gets nervous every time she drives through the accident scene. I won't forget either, could have lost more than my beloved car.

Replaced with, Wife got a new to her Impala and shortly after van had to be replaced as it was on it's last legs. I got a new 2010 Caravan and just stepped down as Scoutmaster this week so no longer need the carrying room. I miss the cruiser and now that I might get basically a brand new one, I'm geeked.

Got to be honest when we started looking for a car, I was a non believer of the PT, but the Electric blue changed my ways, after adjusting the front seat we both got in the back and looked at each other an knew it was for us.

Getting excited, so I sit here watching and looking what you everyone has here.

Cashew
Old 10 Jun 2015, 02:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Getting excited

If you're sure about the black one being 2005 or 2006, see if it has the same headlights as your 2003. that would make it a 2005.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 06:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: Getting excited

Clown Cruiser??? That's all we need; another clown on this forum!

Welcmome from OkieLand!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 11 Jun 2015, 08:07 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
If you're sure about the black one being 2005 or 2006, see if it has the same headlights as your 2003. that would make it a 2005.
I will hopefully find out this week, I know I had some photos of her black car, when I borrowed it I took some "photos" with my character in the back seat. Lifesize poster looking like I have a rear seat passenger waiting for a ride. I had it made into a t-shirt for her birthday a couple of years ago. Still looking for the photo. Once I get my post count up will add photos.
Thanks
cashew
Old 11 Jun 2015, 08:17 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Clown Cruiser??? That's all we need; another clown on this forum!

Welcmome from OkieLand!
Thanks for the warm welcome, it's true I am. I'll post the beautiful before photos when she was in her prime and the after carnage. That was a sad day, retrieving personal items after the accident. Anytime I see an Electric blue Cruiser I get a bit misty. Just waiting for my post count to be high enough to allow photos without moderation.

Cashew
Old 11 Jun 2015, 09:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cashew, welcome to this forum from Texas!
Old 11 Jun 2015, 12:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyiramae View Post
Cashew, welcome to this forum from Texas!
Thanks for the welcome, have never been to Texas. Couple days ago, seems like every 3rd car was a PT. The wait is killing me.

Aunt was holding out till she found out if she liked riding the bus and also when her insurance runs out. She always hated driving and would have other's back it up for her.

Have a great day,
Cashew
buddyiramae likes this.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 02:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Talked with my Mom and turns out the insurance doesn't run out till end of July, So I'm supposed to be patient. She thinks it's 2007 so even newer than I remembered, and less than 4k on it. I drove by and snapped a couple quick photos, didn't get a good one of the Vin nor did I take the time to scan the bar code of it.

Not sure yet what she will charge her favorite nephew. I'm thinking $4-5k, for a practically brand new PT, regular maintenance even though she almost drives it no where.

A month and a half is gonna be tough. I'll finish cleaning/detailing the Van for sale. Did an engine clean on the Van and Wife's Impala. Raining/flooding today so nothing else will get washed.

Can almost taste it, checked out some cool accessories. Putting a hidden hitch like my previous one, this time will do the electrical. Had a local company splice in the wire and then couldn't open the door locks, after the "fixed it" the ground was never right.

It's only 37 more days, but who's counting.

Cashew
Old 14 Jun 2015, 02:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum from the great sovereign state of Arkansas!

And no problem on the clown car. We have a member that's a professional clown. Really...a professional clown.

http://tatertheclown.weebly.com/

buddyiramae likes this.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 03:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
I have to say I'm getting excited, working on obtaining a new to me Black Cruiser from my Aunt, barely been driven, has regular maintenance. She's been talking about no longer wanting to drive and I'm hoping I can buy it off her. I've driven it a few times when other vehicles were down, January had to jump start it for her. Not sure of the year think its 2005,2006.

I really miss my 2003 Electric blue cruiser, it was my clown car. 2010 insurance company totaled my baby out. The Caravan was acting up so let my wife drive my car for a few weeks and a double cab truck plowed the passenger side. Truck might have been totaled out as well lost a wheel and front end, cruiser just had new brakes so was able to stop both vehicles safely with losing passenger front wheel and front of car.

Thankfully my wife walked away and so did the lady who caused it not paying attention. Wife still gets nervous every time she drives through the accident scene. I won't forget either, could have lost more than my beloved car.

Replaced with, Wife got a new to her Impala and shortly after van had to be replaced as it was on it's last legs. I got a new 2010 Caravan and just stepped down as Scoutmaster this week so no longer need the carrying room. I miss the cruiser and now that I might get basically a brand new one, I'm geeked.

Got to be honest when we started looking for a car, I was a non believer of the PT, but the Electric blue changed my ways, after adjusting the front seat we both got in the back and looked at each other an knew it was for us.

Getting excited, so I sit here watching and looking what you everyone has here.

Cashew
Exactly what I did. It was 2001, and I liked what I saw and read about PT Cruisers, but I read it is actually shorter than a Neon, and I had a Neon, and it wasn't roomy.... I was surprised at how comfortable the PT was (and is).
I was also expecting to buy a 2001, but they said it was easier to order a 2002 for me, so that's what happened...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles