PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cashew's like New PT Cruiser

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2015, 03:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Cashew's like New PT Cruiser

I picked up my new baby a week earlier than expected. My Aunt made me a steal on her car, she never enjoyed driving and didn't want to any more.

It's a 2009 Automatic base model PT Cruiser, 1 owner had 9 miles from the factory. I'm fortunate have 100% of the paperwork on it, from the window sticker, disclaimers, delivery receipt, all maintenance receipts and records. Extremely low mileage but at least annual maintenance some years a bit more. 3,937 miles as of today, it no longer has the new car smell, but I think I drove it more than she did when my car was down for maintenance.

Last maintenance was 2 months ago: oil/filter change, tires rotate and balance, brake inspection shows pads @95%, emissions maintenance inspection.

I have to wait 3 days to get to the DMV to register,transfer title and get a spanking new plate on her. I don't think I'll be able to get my van cleaned and sold before then to transfer my plate before then. (Current has 6 more months left of State park pass on it, and is a custom plate-Amateur Radio). Was thinking of possibly going with a standard plate anyways, I've not been running 2M radio mobile lately anyways.

Drove it to my moms, took a few photos of the interior and outside, grabbed the files and books and waved it goodbye for a few days.

Need to concentrate on cleaning and disposing of the 2010 Grand Caravan.

Plans to put a hitch and harness on myself. (Went fairly easy on the 2003 version I had). Additional horn, backup camera/front bumper camera, Ultraguage, deer alert and sure some other toys will come in the mail as well.

Didn't get a chance to peek under the hood or check the paint finish more closely. It's black with grey interior. Should be cooler inside than Electric blue with black interior I had.

To say I'm geeked is an understatement, everyone keeps saying I'll miss out on the van. I can say NO to hauling a load of kids, excess camp gear and a whole list of stuff. With the trailer it's a non issue. I used to stuff the inside of my old one.

I'm glad to be back in the PT family,
Cashew
Old 19 Jul 2015, 04:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Cashew's like New PT Cruiser

Welcome to the madness, from OkieLand!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 19 Jul 2015, 04:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Cashew's like New PT Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
I picked up my new baby a week earlier than expected. My Aunt made me a steal on her car, she never enjoyed driving and didn't want to any more.

It's a 2009 Automatic base model PT Cruiser, 1 owner had 9 miles from the factory. I'm fortunate have 100% of the paperwork on it, from the window sticker, disclaimers, delivery receipt, all maintenance receipts and records. Extremely low mileage but at least annual maintenance some years a bit more. 3,937 miles as of today, it no longer has the new car smell, but I think I drove it more than she did when my car was down for maintenance.

Last maintenance was 2 months ago: oil/filter change, tires rotate and balance, brake inspection shows pads @95%, emissions maintenance inspection.

I have to wait 3 days to get to the DMV to register,transfer title and get a spanking new plate on her. I don't think I'll be able to get my van cleaned and sold before then to transfer my plate before then. (Current has 6 more months left of State park pass on it, and is a custom plate-Amateur Radio). Was thinking of possibly going with a standard plate anyways, I've not been running 2M radio mobile lately anyways.

Drove it to my moms, took a few photos of the interior and outside, grabbed the files and books and waved it goodbye for a few days.

Need to concentrate on cleaning and disposing of the 2010 Grand Caravan.

Plans to put a hitch and harness on myself. (Went fairly easy on the 2003 version I had). Additional horn, backup camera/front bumper camera, Ultraguage, deer alert and sure some other toys will come in the mail as well.

Didn't get a chance to peek under the hood or check the paint finish more closely. It's black with grey interior. Should be cooler inside than Electric blue with black interior I had.

To say I'm geeked is an understatement, everyone keeps saying I'll miss out on the van. I can say NO to hauling a load of kids, excess camp gear and a whole list of stuff. With the trailer it's a non issue. I used to stuff the inside of my old one.

I'm glad to be back in the PT family,
Cashew

That is amazing!
That is like a brand new car!
Enjoy.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Jul 2015, 05:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks guys, it truly is a brand new car. It was no brainer to replace my 6 cylinder for this 4 cylinder like new PT. I truly missed my 2003 Electric blue PT Cruiser that was totaled, my wife had only minor injuries when a double cab truck tried to driver over it. That was the only car, that I had "feelings for". I can feel the same happening with the new Black Cruiser, will have to dream up a name for her.
Cashew
Old 20 Jul 2015, 09:10 am
Senior Cruiser

Good for you.... welcome
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 09:21 am
Senior Cruiser

Congratulations on that super sweet score! Looking forward to pics
Old 20 Jul 2015, 07:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Here is the first pic, forgot to take it till 1 mile down the road. Initial mileage.

It's super clean, towel bar has a trash bag. That will come off, when I bought the van I went with you bring in something you carry it out, no trash bag for storing trash.

I don't think anyone has ever sat in the passenger seat. I know the back seat hasn't been sat on.

Sadly this might be the cleanest it will ever be again.

Got junk in the trunk, Actually 2 folding window sun screens, snow brush, car duster brush, the box has a brand new air filter. It didn't need replacement, but the dealer gave it anyways.

Enjoy the pics, I'll get some exterior ones when it's plated and sitting in my drive.
Cashew
Old 23 Jul 2015, 12:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Beautiful car. Nice color . Good score.

Last edited by Lunajammer; 23 Jul 2015 at 12:14 pm.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 03:47 pm
Regular Cruiser

Put on her new plate this morning and drove her home, stopped for Milk but no cookies on the way home. Set the clock, but only 1 radio channel so far.

Can see the HF trailer that I repainted recently which will be used occasionally. My '03 pulled it just fine.
2015 is a Good Year.

Need to clean up the engine bay, I really liked how the "Simple Green" did on the Van and my wife's car. Will ger 'er done.

No dings that I can tell, couple paint issues. Passennger door has a scrape that I need paint and tailgate has 2 rust pimples in the paint will take care of them as well.

Overall she looks marvelous.

Cashew
Old 24 Jul 2015, 06:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Forgot that years ago I added a screw and nylon strap in the edge of the hatch so my Aunt could close it, limited shoulder movement from arthritis is no fun. I see the stainless screw has started to rust. I'm going to remove it, I got long arms.
ColTED and rockandroller like this.

Cashew