Advertisements
Trac off and ABS lights

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Myoldptc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2015, 06:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Trac off and ABS lights

My daughter n I are on the road from PA to TX. In LA the Trac Off n ABS lights both came on. Advance Auto in Bossier City LA was unable to scan for the problem and sent us to Crossroads Automotive. They scanned the car for me (2004 PT Cruiser 152,000+ miles) the problem was/is left front ABS sensor. We drove on to Dallas TX area wo problem. However were still at a loss until I checked on here and noticed one post from 2/2009 about the exact problem, how the new part was obtained and replaced. I don't remember the persons name but wanted to thank him for displacing some of my stress. Thank you.
JoeX likes this.
Old 05 Oct 2015, 11:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Trac off and ABS lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoldptc View Post
My daughter n I are on the road from PA to TX. In LA the Trac Off n ABS lights both came on. Advance Auto in Bossier City LA was unable to scan for the problem and sent us to Crossroads Automotive. They scanned the car for me (2004 PT Cruiser 152,000+ miles) the problem was/is left front ABS sensor. We drove on to Dallas TX area wo problem. However were still at a loss until I checked on here and noticed one post from 2/2009 about the exact problem, how the new part was obtained and replaced. I don't remember the persons name but wanted to thank him for displacing some of my stress. Thank you.
My friend is having the same problem.
Do anyone have or know the link to that thread in 2009?
Thanks
Old 05 Oct 2015, 12:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicmax View Post
My friend is having the same problem.
Do anyone have or know the link to that thread in 2009?
Thanks
CREWZIN and maybe QSD been here long enough to maybe remember that one. But have it scanned to find out whitch is your problem. Someone probably done one sence then can probably post up some details on replacing. But unplug and repluge the connector. Before assuming it's bad. Usually a bolt and a few othe small bolts golfing the wire down is all to replacing sensors.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 05 Oct 2015, 01:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
CREWZIN and maybe QSD been here long enough to maybe remember that one. But have it scanned to find out whitch is your problem. Someone probably done one sence then can probably post up some details on replacing. But unplug and repluge the connector. Before assuming it's bad. Usually a bolt and a few othe small bolts golfing the wire down is all to replacing sensors.
I looked too but same results lol Ok I'll get him to check out your suggestion and see what he can find
Thanks!
Old 05 Oct 2015, 02:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This might be the one you are looking for!

Trac control or ABS?