Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thoughts, opinions, experiences???...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2015, 06:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Thoughts, opinions, experiences???...

Ipcw Ledt 409CB Pair of Bermuda Black LED Tail Lights for 01 06 PT Cruiser | eBay

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Thoughts, opinions, experiences???...

Opinion? The dreamer should be left alone. Beautiful car the way Chrysler made it.

I tried those taillights, along with half dozen others, didn't like them.

rckstein likes this.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Opinion? The dreamer should be left alone. Beautiful car the way Chrysler made it.

+1

Yep. A few tasteful mods are okay. Anything more than that on a Tangerine Dream and you might as well be drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

This is not how the best PT Cruiser of all should end up looking.

rckstein likes this.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post

Yeah I do not like the smoked chrome version in the picture you supplied, it would be the black bezel version to match my black and chrome theme. I already have smoked rears, (in the picture below), and have gotten nothing but compliments, but have thought about these for awhile. I am very much someone who will not just tack everything on because it is out there. I like subtle and tasteful upgrades.

myckee likes this.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
+1

Yep. A few tasteful mods are okay. Anything more than that on a Tangerine Dream and you might as well be drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

This is not how the best PT Cruiser of all should end up looking.

That. Is. Just. AWEFUL!!!

Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The smoked ones
you have look great!!!
nice and smooth

Old 29 Jul 2015, 08:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Thoughts, opinions, experiences???...

Kinda agree with leaving the Tangerine Dream alone.

I've had the Bermuda Blacks on my Black Sheep Convertible.
But, it went well with my theme.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 GT as the new Day Driver - being converted to a Panel PT

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 30 Jul 2015, 12:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

With some things, less is more, meaning that the less that you mess with something, or try to improve upon something, the better off it is left alone. That goes for the Tangerine Dream Cruisers. You can do a few subtle things, and they can look good, but don't go overboard and ruin an already awesome vehicle

However, one mod that really looks factory is what "myckee" did to the center bezel. In my opinion, every Tangerine Dream Cruiser should look like this, it is that good:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Well, my custom painted dash bezel arrived a couple of days ago, but I wanted to pull the car out of the garage so that natural light would be present when I took the pics. So I was too slow and Busted posted first! LOL

Anyway After reading Busted project's thread and seeing the beautiful job he did on his purple PT, I asked him if he would paint the bezel for my Tangerine Dream with the knob holes painted too. Well I was not disappointed when this arrived. It is truly a masterpiece! It is gorgeous and this is the way the bezel should have come from the factory!! Thanks Danny, I really love this!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Mike's 2003 Tangerine Dream

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
157k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 30 Jul 2015 at 12:20 am.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 08:36 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
Yeah I do not like the smoked chrome version in the picture you supplied, it would be the black bezel version to match my black and chrome theme. I already have smoked rears, (in the picture below), and have gotten nothing but compliments, but have thought about these for awhile. I am very much someone who will not just tack everything on because it is out there. I like subtle and tasteful upgrades.

Where did you buy the smoked rears?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 09:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew55 View Post
Where did you buy the smoked rears?
Ebay. The are available either by themselves...

Depo 2001 2002 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Smoke Smoked Rear Tail Lights New Pair | eBay

Or with smoked reverse lights as well...I went this route...

Depo 01 05 Chrysler PT Cruiser Smoke Smoked Rear Tail Backup Reverse Lights | eBay

I will say that these being aftermarket...If you get some, before you even put them on your vehicle, you MUST cram every edge with caulking to make sure they are sealed completely. I have learned to do this with a number of sets for different cars over the years, it just comes with the territory. Hope this helps!
myckee likes this.