Advertisements
Floor mats

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cashew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2015, 10:45 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Floor mats

I've looked at the Weathertech and several knockoffs. I'm debating on the following 2 sets.

2001-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Custom Fit Front and Rear Floor Mats - Floor Liners in Black

Novline Chrysler PT Cruiser Floor Mats <br>2001-2010

Both same price, first set individual mats with 2" lips. Second set has attached rear hump and front row has extension for more coverage under the dash.

I guess I'm leaning more to the 2nd set for more coverage. Winter snow and slush is always a problem. Carpet mats I currently have will get put for a rest. My '03 I had house carpet scraps for the winter, but would slip and slide. Back then had a carport on 3 sides, now a 2 car garage when I get it cleaned out.

1 Gal shop vac makes cleaning easier now as well, figure it will get plenty of use in the winter.
Cashew

Cashew
Old 01 Aug 2015, 01:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Floor mats

http://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-Cu...%3AWeatherTech

WeatherTech front only about same price as a full set of the knock offs. Gotta talk to the boss lady, new mats front and back would be a nice present. They also make a matching cargo mat as well.....

Cashew

Cashew
Old 01 Aug 2015, 09:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Floor mats

I've got Weathertech for my 2010 during the winters.
But, I don't have kiddos in the back seat any more.
So, That would be good for kids.
**But, I do like the second ones, as even with Weathertech, my left foot gets that left foot rest area pretty dirty.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 02 Aug 2015, 01:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

My kids are almost grown up. Oldest in his 2nd year at Engineering School, is home on this work time. Youngest staring Senior year in HS. I will still have riders in the back seat occasionally. I'm also looking at all rubber mats that have deep channels for muck and a cargo mat. Deer hunting season will see mud and snow on mats and extra cargo with tree stand, bow and hopefully a guilty looking Deer. (I don't shoot innocent looking animals.)

Universal Rugged Tuff 5 Pcs New Floor Mats Black All Weather Heavy Duty w Cargo | eBay

5pc Black Heavy Duty Set Rubber Car Floor Mats All Weather Trimmable Van SUV | eBay

Both cheaper options, not sure yet. Not yet pulled the trigger on the purchase.

Cashew

Cashew
Old 02 Aug 2015, 03:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you are taking your PT to the deer woods, I'd go with cheap mats that cover the most area. They will protect the carpets best and you can just throw them away if the smell of deer blood won't come out.

PS: If you kill a deer, please post a photo of it strapped to the hood of your PT. Please! I want to see that.
Old 02 Aug 2015, 04:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

I've been finding this thread very helpful. It made me realize, having just moved back to NY after living in Greece for the last 6 years, that we will have lots of snow in a few months, so some heavy duty mats like these may be in order for the winter.

Thanks.
Old 02 Aug 2015, 04:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

I got these in mine for the front. Back ones are old from ages ago, but barely get used.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVL-stripes-...s=mat+washable

I got mine in the pound shop here lol.

Old 02 Aug 2015, 05:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
If you are taking your PT to the deer woods, I'd go with cheap mats that cover the most area. They will protect the carpets best and you can just throw them away if the smell of deer blood won't come out.

PS: If you kill a deer, please post a photo of it strapped to the hood of your PT. Please! I want to see that.
I usually drive to my hunting buddies house, then we take his truck. However my '03 I drove home with his 7 point in the back, to process at my place. His wife was thankful since it had gotten very late due to a long track of the deer. I keep a tarp inside the cargo area just for this. I'm not very PC, but driving with it on the hood or roof is not my idea for good meat preservation, doesn't help the non-hunting public image either.

Boots get muddy and gets inside the car regardless, last season was extra muddy, still need to clean my winter "pumpkin suit" off of the dried mud. It's permanently stained anyways.
Cashew

Cashew
Old 05 Sep 2015, 03:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

I finally ordered my floor mats and installed them today. Bought from the bay of E. $55.88 shipped, 4 mats plus rear cargo mat. Solid rubber/vinyl. Glad they don't smell bad and didn't have any bad fold marks, box was heavy but smaller than I expected.

Overall I think they are think enough and have deep ridges for holding back snow and slush that will eventually be here before I want or expect it.

I plan on using my mini shop vac a lot more than previous seasons.

-Mods this probably should be moved to the interior section,where it belongs. :-)
wingman55 likes this.

Cashew

Last edited by Cashew; 05 Sep 2015 at 03:06 pm. Reason: note to mods