Advertisements
Limited Edition Route 66 PT Cruiser

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By chinatrain99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2015, 06:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Limited Edition Route 66 PT Cruiser

We purchased a like new (19454mi) 2006 Route 66 edition PT this week, have a few questions

(1) Can the deck lid be opened anyway other then using the key. Have perused the owners manual concerning programing the remote but best I can tell there is no outside latch on the deck lid.

(2) Can the bluetooth phone feature be retrofitted if the radio has the capability, I realize the controls are in the rearview mirror which I don't have but I do have the top of the line radio that is sat, uconnect, an ves capable can those features be retro fitted easily.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Wayne
Old 02 Aug 2015, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Limited Edition Route 66 PT Cruiser

Welcome.
1) The hatch can be unlocked by hitting the remote twice (first unlocks driver's door, second push unlocks all doors and hatch.
OR - open driver's door and hit "unlock" switch - that unlocks all doors and hatch.

Hatch latch is electric, triggered by a switch under the emblem.

2) Don't know.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Aug 2015, 09:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for reply

I read in the owners manual the same thing but have yet found found a latch behind the trunk emblem
Old 02 Aug 2015, 10:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayne View Post
Thanks for reply

I read in the owners manual the same thing but have yet found found a latch behind the trunk emblem

It should feel kinda like felt/rubber on the backside of the handle...it covers the entire length.
Doesn't mean it works, they do go bad often.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 03 Aug 2015, 10:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

like lion said its a soft peice of rubber or something its hard to miss since ir runns the whold way no idea on the radioo thing
Old 03 Aug 2015, 12:24 pm
Banned

If it is a stock stereo, under the right knob should be a 3 letter code, what is that code?
Old 03 Aug 2015, 01:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayne View Post
We purchased a like new (19454mi) 2006 Route 66 edition PT this week, have a few questions

(1) Can the deck lid be opened anyway other then using the key. Have perused the owners manual concerning programing the remote but best I can tell there is no outside latch on the deck lid.

(2) Can the bluetooth phone feature be retrofitted if the radio has the capability, I realize the controls are in the rearview mirror which I don't have but I do have the top of the line radio that is sat, uconnect, an ves capable can those features be retro fitted easily.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Wayne
Hi Wayne.

The UConnect bluetooth feature is not compatible with after market stereos from what I can tell. The actual UConnect box is in the dash and is called a Telematics module. The rear view mirror only has the controls. The module plugs into the 10-pin accessory port on the back of the stock stereo unit. And there is a certain amount of integration between to the two.

Some of these are supposed to be backwards compatible with the RB1 Nav oval-faced stereo head like in the 1st Generation PT Cruisers. But there are several different part numbers for the module and I could never find any reference showing which one would work with the RB1. My goal was to retrofit this feature into a 2001 PT Limited.

What exactly are you wanting to do?
Old 03 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
If it is a stock stereo, under the right knob should be a 3 letter code, what is that code?
Radio code is RAQ this is a 6 disc mp3 satellite capable radio Car is allready sat capable . what do I need to get to make it uconnect capable an what cars are likely to have the hardware so I can scrounge the salvedge yards
Old 12 Feb 2016, 10:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

We just bought a route 66 pt today. ours has 48,500 miles and looks like new. my 17 year old totaled my 2011 cx-7 last week. got it from the dealer that sold it to the 75 years old woman originally! since it looked great, was driven by an older woman, and had a complete repair history, I went ahead and bought it. I probably paid too much but it's a pretty little car. a little too yellow according to my girls, but it's starting to grow on them. jeff
rckstein, dougs and LionPT like this.