Advertisements
Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software

Like Tree2Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2015, 11:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software

Skyed Hand held calibrator and software to be able to fully calibrate your stock or Staged PCMs.

The people at Skyed have designed the software that will enable a DIY to be able to upload personal calibrations or available software files to your NA, Turbo-lite or GT Turbo from the years 2004-2009 using their new handheld PCM access tool. Other year PT Cruisers and models are also in the in the works and may be available by the end of the year?

Once you have acclimated yourself with the program and use of the Handheld tool you will be able to perform your own calibration changes or use the stored files like MOPAR STAGE 1 programming and a couple other programs to upload to give you a good starting point for personal calibrating.

You will not be able to share files but once you learn how to calibrate your personal PCM you can help others through your experience to guide them with their PCM calibration adjustments.

The current products do not have DATA logging capabilities but if you already own and use a DioboSport tuning product you can use it for your DATA Logging (only) for better decisions with calibrating your PCM. There are also many *android programs available to download into your phone that could be used for data logging as well.

Remember one great advantage is that while doing calibrations any mistakes you make you can simply upload a previous file and start over. And if you are in a State that requires emission testing all you need to do is upload your stock PCM calibration for the emission testing. Later go back to your better more personal custom performance tune.

The first 6 to purchase the combined Hand Held Tuning tool and software will get an introductory price of 399. The retail later will be 499.

Keven has been working on this for a few months and wanted to wait until he was sure that all the bugs were worked out of the Handheld and software before making it available. The good thing is that if there are any stones yet uncovered and found by the end user Keven will work diligently to resolve challenges and thus improving the calibration tools for all end users.

Most of this information was given to me and may be changed at any time and should be only considered 2nd hand and best currently available information without directly contacting Keven or his associates at Skyed.

As with most Performance related items what may have been the best in the past they are soon replaced by new items becoming the new best today.

Interested PT Cruiser owners should contact Keven at Skyed for any and all questions about these new products.

When and if a few members and myself become first hand PT Cruiser "DIY Calibrators" we may pass along more reviews and information to help others. If enough get them a thread for joint Q&A among members would be a good idea? This is new unexplored PT Cruiser DIY PCM calibrating with new equipment so no one is an expert!

Syked Ecu Tuning - Dodge Neon/SRT 4 - Hemi Ecu Tuning

Skyed products are also available at

FWD Performance
FWDPerformance.com

Modern Performance
https://www.modernperformance.com/

* I am not personally experienced or knowledgeable with what the exact programs are for cell phones to use to vehicle data log or how well they do to accurately record data logging.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 12 Aug 2015 at 11:29 pm.
Old 13 Aug 2015, 05:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software

Awesome.

I saw some tuners on the Syked Tuning webpage just the other day. Are these different than the SCT handhelds he already sells? On a couple of Neon forums, there have been threads discussing Kevin's ability to reprogram a DiabloSport gizmo to work with some NA Neons where no DS tuning had been available before. I immediately thought about the NA PT Cruiser, of course. And now with his own device, the sky is the limit. I have two vehicles that are just outside the DS application list. I can't wait to see if Kevin has included either of these with his device.

The big question is going to be the locking function. Has he followed the DS model and made the unit "marry" to one vehicle at a time? Or has he designed it as a "tool" where the owner can tune and tweak several of his or her own cars at one time?

The is great news. Can't wait to hear more.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 13 Aug 2015 at 05:47 am.
Old 13 Aug 2015, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Files can not be shared.

Skyed has options that go outside the basic handheld.

Sorry to be vague, members wanting specific information "must" contact a Skyed representative.

This thread is a simple product introduction and to hold its basic informational integrity and possibly changing information it is not meant to be technical.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Aug 2015, 08:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I might recommend to search Amazon for books on the subject basic ECU calibrating to learn the intricacies involved in DIY calibrations. With a device that can access most of the PCM cells and be able to adjust things is like giving a kid the key to Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 13 Aug 2015, 08:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Also, Kevin Sykes offers actual training classes on tuning. He is one amazing guy. Here's a link:

Training Classes
Old 13 Aug 2015, 09:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Also, Kevin Sykes offers actual training classes on tuning. He is one amazing guy. Here's a link:

Training Classes
Just wondering if you have talked with him or met him at some point? Maybe you can share your enthusiasm from that with us. Also why you chose to go with someone else's stage one instead of his? Have you supplemented it with any of skyed tuning programs and if so which ones? Also how did they perform for you and would you recommend any of them as a personal like? Just some background stuff for those who read this to feel more comfortable with you recommendations above.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 Aug 2015, 10:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Lets try to keep this on track about the new products in the first post.

Please contact Skyed about any tuning classes. Those are different products offered from Skyed. Let me just say there are specific's having to do with the hand held and the soft ware which is sorta separate from the classes provided. Otherwise I would have mentioned them.

Hopefully "nuff" said about that? At least on this thread.

Please start a new thread if members wish to talk about ECU/EFI Calibration schools and training seminars.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 14 Aug 2015, 11:11 am
Senior Cruiser

It sounds interesting. It would be easy for me to flip my Diablosport intune and then buy this with only a relatively small further investment. Unfortunately it looks like the initial release will not support my 03s, and it is hard to buy something that may, in the future, support it. So, unless something changes I guess I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the discount.

But it will be nice to read some other reviews from the early adopters. If it is not married to one car like the Diablosport is, it could be a real winner.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 01:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The purpose for any system to be vehicle VIN specific is for the manufacture to be able to control product distribution. In other words so they can make some profit before it is cloned or copied by others. But this is also another subject for another thread not this one.

I am not sure if I am being clear on this point that I mentioned a couple times files can not be shared with other users. This may change in the future along with other aspects of continuing development of the products.

If anything changes it may be mention on this thread, but will be on the Skyed website.

May I point out again that this thread will not serve for a review of the new products offered. That will be reserved for another thread should some member wish to start one.

The first post was has which model PT Cruiser it is currently available for. At this point on this thread there is no purpose to mention models that the products are not currently offered for calibrating.

Interested PT Cruiser owners with other year PT Cruisers should contact Skyed about options.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 14 Aug 2015, 01:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep,

The message I got from Kevin today said this little puppy allowed over 600 parameters to be changed. The handheld unit itself is supposed to be similar to the Hypertech but customized for the Sykes software. And it will have Sykes label on it.

At $399, I could about break even selling my unmarried DST. Kevin said they will be ready to go on the market in about a week. I'm seriously thinking about ditching the DST and getting this, especially if it will work with some of my other vehicles as well. Kevin said to contact him again with any additional questions I've got several. Besides a list of compatible vehicles and the "marriage" issue, I wounder what ability to datalog and share tunes we will have?

The only downside I see to ditching the DST for this unit is resale. The DST commands a good second hand price. If this Sykes unit is successful, it should do the same. But if it just remains a well-kept secret and if support ends, then any resale value gets reduced. But hey, we don't do this stuff just for resale anyway. So that's a very secondary consideration. At least for me.

Since this in the general discussion section and not placed in the vendor section by a vendor, I'll report back with the additional answers I get. Right now I'm seriously thinking about getting on the list for the first batch of these.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 14 Aug 2015 at 01:40 pm.
Closed Thread