PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software Discussion

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2015, 09:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software Discussion

Greetings all. I am pleased to announce to some, and confirm to others, that Syked Performance will in fact have a handheld tuner available for us to play with on our cars! This will give you complete access to tuning the ecu for your own purpose, whatever it may be.

Here are some details:

The cool thing is that it will work on all 04-09 PTs. This includes NA, TurboLite and GT. As long as it is an NGC3 ecu, it will work. Therefore the 03 STAGE 1 is included too since the 03 Stage 1 also uses an NGC3 controller. Otherwise all regular 03, whether NA or Turbo will not work since they are not NGC3. And 01-02 are not supported.

It will include the stock tune for your car and if you have a GT, or turbolite, it will also have the Mopar Stage 1 file too. His customized Syked Stage 1 will not be included as it is hard to give away what he designed and built, for free, but the original Mopar tune will be included.

It will be married to one car initially. In the future he may give the ability to certain customers the ability to tune more than one, but for now, it will be locked to one car.

The marriage also means you will not be able to share a tune with another user directly, but you can work around that by building a template and share that and then go from there.

The initial release will not Datalog. The intention is to include this at a later date by way of a firmware update, but it will come later.

You will be able to order the handheld + software for all Chrysler products, whether it is a Jeep or minivan or whatever form 04-14. However it will be vehicle specific and not include tunes for every Chrysler in one unit.

Also available for Ford and GM too.

It will not be able to write the vin initially. That may come at a later date but may not.

The early adopters will get the discounted price of $399 and later the full retail price will be $499. He has not set in stone the timeframe for the introductory price yet. It may be for 30 or 60 days after release.

Well that's what I remember asking him. I was mainly focused on which cars would and wouldn't work. If you have any further questions send him a message. If you post your questions here, at some point he may be here to read them otherwise if there are lots I can contact him and post up the answers.

Last edited by myckee; 18 Aug 2015 at 09:55 pm.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 10:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software

This is actually the second thread in less then a week.
You can read most of the same information here.

Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software
Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software

From the first post:

Skyed Hand held calibrator and software to be able to fully calibrate your stock or Staged PCMs.

The people at Skyed have designed the software that will enable a DIY to be able to upload personal calibrations or available software files to your NA, Turbo-lite or GT Turbo from the years 2004-2009 using their new handheld PCM access tool. Other year PT Cruisers and models are also in the in the works and may be available by the end of the year?

Once you have acclimated yourself with the program and use of the Handheld tool you will be able to perform your own calibration changes or use the stored files like MOPAR STAGE 1 programming and a couple other programs to upload to give you a good starting point for personal calibrating.

You will not be able to share files but once you learn how to calibrate your personal PCM you can help others through your experience to guide them with their PCM calibration adjustments.

The current products do not have DATA logging capabilities but if you already own and use a DioboSport tuning product you can use it for your DATA Logging (only) for better decisions with calibrating your PCM. There are also many *android programs available to download into your phone that could be used for data logging as well.

Remember one great advantage is that while doing calibrations any mistakes you make you can simply upload a previous file and start over. And if you are in a State that requires emission testing all you need to do is upload your stock PCM calibration for the emission testing. Later go back to your better more personal custom performance tune.

The first 6 to purchase the combined Hand Held Tuning tool and software will get an introductory price of 399. The retail later will be 499.

Keven has been working on this for a few months and wanted to wait until he was sure that all the bugs were worked out of the Handheld and software before making it available. The good thing is that if there are any stones yet uncovered and found by the end user Keven will work diligently to resolve challenges and thus improving the calibration tools for all end users.

Most of this information was given to me and may be changed at any time and should be only considered 2nd hand and best currently available information without directly contacting Keven or his associates at Skyed.

As with most Performance related items what may have been the best in the past they are soon replaced by new items becoming the new best today.

Interested PT Cruiser owners should contact Keven at Skyed for any and all questions about these new products.

When and if a few members and myself become first hand PT Cruiser "DIY Calibrators" we may pass along more reviews and information to help others. If enough get them a thread for joint Q&A among members would be a good idea? This is new unexplored PT Cruiser DIY PCM calibrating with new equipment so no one is an expert!

Syked Ecu Tuning - Dodge Neon/SRT 4 - Hemi Ecu Tuning

Skyed products are also available at

FWD Performance
FWDPerformance.com

Modern Performance
https://www.modernperformance.com/

* I am not personally experienced or knowledgeable with what the exact programs are for cell phones to use to vehicle data log or how well they do to accurately record data logging.

For the 7 members PMing why this thread was started and the other locked is the last word in this thread title, "Discussion".
The other and first thread about this product introduction was simply to let member's aware that a new product was available.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 18 Aug 2015 at 10:29 pm.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 10:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sykedtuner New products PCM Handheld and software Discussion

Thanks, Mike. Now maybe we can actually talk about this device.

That answers a lot of questions. When Kevin sent me the message the other day, he indicated that I would need the DS Trinity to data log if I wanted him to do a custom tune. Now I understand why.

Right out of the box, it looks like the primary advantage to this handheld is going to be for vehicles like the Turbo Lite, that are not currently compatible with other tuners.

I wonder if we could get a mutli-car license? Even if this thing was a $1,000, if it could be used as a turning tool rather than just another married single-car tuner, that would make it worth it. That would be a much better deal than the current devices and subscriptions required for that level of tuning. I mean why compete with other $500 tuners when you could compete against much more expensive tuning systems for a fraction of the price?

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 18 Aug 2015 at 10:42 pm.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 11:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Presently and not likely ever will be mutli-car licenses will offered. For most small time ECU/PCM calibration companies there is no advantage to offering them.

Diablosport has a CMR dealer program which varies depending on the auto maker ranging from $1000-4000, single auto maker only. The highest cost is for Chrysler manufactured vehicles.

I use a dealer ECU calibration program software for another platform for over 6 years and the initial dealer cost was about $2000. This program has full ECU unlimited access for calibration adjustment in the single digit scale not a simple 0-10 or % adjustment like so many other calibration programs and full data logging and data viewing capabilities.

IMO the greatest advantage of this hand held and software will be for those wanting to calibrate their own custom PCM's beyond the simple and limited calibration on a DiabloSport. And easier then most stand alones like Mega Squirt.

There may be a future upgrade that will allow for some form of DATA Logging other wise the need for the end user to use other means to efficiently and safely make educated calibration changes in the PCM is a must. Also if another is helping them or Keven building a custom tune which requires DATA Logging for accuracy in calibration.

This is a fresh market for PT Cruisers and to fundamentally work a forum provided specifically for Syked products may need to be started away from a forum specif model for other users of Skyed products to go to and talk about Calibrating using Skyed products.

An example or model of such a product specif forum would be like the Ultra Gauge forum.

UltraGauge Forum - Index

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 18 Aug 2015 at 11:15 pm.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 10:21 am
Senior Cruiser

It definitely sounds interesting but the marriage thing is a tough pill to swallow. While the DS is not a super stable platform, one of its great advantages after migrating away from the predator series, was that it could work on anything. If I wanted to upload a fuel economy tune on my diesel truck, I could do so, and when that trip was finished, it could go back in my car.

While the ability to customize your tune yourself is really cool, it might be cheaper to just get an email tune for the DS?

If I could use it to change vins before it got married, it would serve another purpose for me as well.

I will really have to think about this and think about all the pros and cons.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 10:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Keven has mentioned coming on this thread and having a DEMO version of the products. So hold tight

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 19 Aug 2015, 10:35 am
Senior Cruiser

A demo would be very welcome so we can get a feel for it!
Old 19 Aug 2015, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes, that would be great. It would be good to first see it used by someone that knows what they are doing.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Yes, that would be great. It would be good to first see it used by someone that knows what they are doing.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Besides Lynn would give pointers for those who get hung up on something.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Aug 2015, 03:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself. Besides Lynn would give pointers for those who get hung up on something.
lol don't be to quick to volunteer me.

Below is a injector fueling mapping I did for Mike aka *Thumper Performance a about 5 years ago. This is what it looks like to be able to calibrate the complete cell of only one aspect to an ECU. There is over 100,000 possible changes in that cell alone. Then you need to move to other cells to adjust them for the changes made in an effected cell or one that works together i.e. ignition timing.
I often wonder what most really think and what there real experience in ECU calibrating is on various forums from responding members? It took me a few months to learn the basic's of calibrating with such complete access and a year or so to become confident enough to do other peoples ECU calibrating. Hours and hours and hours of learning and trying out things to see what works and what fails.
My own more complex files on the PT with limited calibration access via DST as an end user and not a CMR it still takes a couple hours per file for even simple changes to adjust settings and then verify through data observation.
*Thumper Performance
htttp://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/vendors-buyers-forum/52941-thumper-performance.html

Mike can tell you that we did not get it right the first time out. It took a few files and his DATA Logging to finally find a couple of great operating files that gained some noticeable power increases.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 19 Aug 2015 at 04:01 pm.