PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
The Very BEST Design Feature on a PT Cruiser

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2015, 06:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default The Very BEST Design Feature on a PT Cruiser

I've said before that the PT Cruiser has several design flaws. Some don't agree. But if you look at what we talk about on this forum, much of the time it's how to fix the same set of problems and make the same of improvements. However, the PT Cruiser has one feature that is the best I've ever seen on any car. And that is the drain system around the sunroof!

Today I left work to go to a doctor's visit with my wife. I left my PT in a large open parking lot at the hospital. And afterwards, I took my wife to lunch. While at the doctor's office, there was an extremely heavy rainstorm. It was far past a "gully washer" and went into the flash flood range. Just going from the restaurant parking lot to our 300S got me completely soaked.

After lunch, we went back for me to get my PT and speed back to work "blindingly" fast as I always do. But as we approached my PT in the heavy downpour, I notice that my sunroof was open in the vent position!

But after fighting my way through the driving rain and rushing water across the hospital parking lot, I found only a few drops of water on the console. Other than that, the inside of my PT was bone dry.

The way the channels and drains are designed in the PT, they can definitely handle a LOT of water. I've always liked sunroofs and T-tops and I've had many vehicles with them over the years. If I had left the sunroof in the vent position in the Ford Expedition we used to have, water would have run out the doors when I opened them. I know from experience. And the same is true for many of the other cars I've owned. The drains can handle some water. But usually the drains get overwhelmed in a heavy rainstorm. But the PT drains did the job.

So I solute the guy or gal that designed the PT sunroof and it's drain system. They did a super job!

ew55, JWHF25 and Gkon like this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 19 Aug 2015 at 06:55 pm.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 06:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: The Very BEST Design Feature on a PT Cruiser

I have to go with the interior design. Seating and comfort in a small platform. There really comfortable and very natural feeling when you set in one. I even rode in the back of mine. Not bad at all. That was on a 3 hr. Trip also. Not an luxury vehicle ride. But I didn't feel beaten when I arrived. So I go with the interior For my best feature pick.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Aug 2015, 07:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm still getting to know my PT, so I don't have as much in-depth info as you two, but, for me, the answer is the exterior styling.

I remember when the PT first came out in 2001. I LOVED it from the first second I laid eyes on it. I was never one to want to buy a brand new car but, when the PT came out, I was ready to do so. The only thing that stopped was that, at the time, I was an an avid golfer. I found out that the back hatch area was too small to set a set of golf clubs in widthwise, so it nixed the concept of driving our foursome to play golf on the weekend. We'd have to take 2 cars. That killed it for me.

14 years later and I don't play so much golf anymore, but I still have the love and craving to sit behind the wheel of a PT because I love the styling.

I just wish mine had a few less miles on it, but, heck, I'll take what I can get.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 07:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I like the redesigned dash in the G2's...it's nice & clean looking compared to the G1's...JMO

G1
G1.jpg

G2
G2.jpg

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 19 Aug 2015, 07:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I like the fact that i can haul 8 foot long items in mine...
outta see the looks i get..when i pull up to load
very versatile...and it still looks cool...
rockandroller and Gkon like this.

Old 19 Aug 2015, 08:25 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

The single most design feature I like about my PT is that over all it's retro!
It so reminds me of my first car, a 40 Plymouth Coupe and the fun I had in High School gettin' footprints on the dash board! Happy PTin' ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40 Plymouth Coupe drawing done in 1958, my first car.jpg (103.6 KB, 24 views)
ew55 and rockandroller like this.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 08:52 pm
Banned

I would say exterior design as it reminded me of the 1950 panel vans.

When I first saw the PT, I envisioned a fleet of these running around making deliveries. I really like the Gen1 styling on the front end
JWHF25 likes this.

Last edited by rckstein; 19 Aug 2015 at 08:59 pm.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 08:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

For the price/features my dream cruiser and probably other PT's can't be beat. Love the two tone seats and the turbo. I'm a big guy and fit fine in a PT. I almost got a HHR but glad I didn't because it feels like your in a plane or something. lol The only thing I don't care for is putting premium gas in it but I don't drive that much plus get good fuel perks so not a big deal.

Last edited by ew55; 19 Aug 2015 at 08:55 pm.
Old 19 Aug 2015, 09:36 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

MJKnight, I might have you beat on haulin' lumber!
Picture this, I'm drivin' a stock 66VW Bug, I had to move two 16'x 2"x 12" pine boards across the Sugarloaf valley in Pa. It was five miles from the Conyngham lumber yard to my home on Sybertsville road.
I just stacked the two boards on top of each other, drove the VW over them and tied them off to the front and back bumper with a red flag stapled on the front and the back of the boards for "Safety".
I got away with it without a hitch but that was yesteryear! Happy PTin' ptprice
Old 19 Aug 2015, 10:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I will have to agree that the creature comforts in a sporty format design. We often go on weekend trip and I never get tired or fatigued because of seating. I also tend to think I am driving a MINI at times when negotiation mountain twisties.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 19 Aug 2015 at 10:32 pm.