High beam lights

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz
  • 1 Post By raconi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2015, 06:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default High beam lights

Both High Beam lights are not working (low beams are working OK). Tried to replace one bulb (9005xs) still not working. Checked fuses #19 and 20 in the cabin and both are fine. When I click the blue light icon goes on as if everything is ok. Went to check under the hood and noticed that there is no fuse for High Beam (15amp). Could this be the problem? Pt Cruiser 2002, 1.6
Old 21 Aug 2015, 07:08 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: High beam lights

It could be. How long have you owned the car and have you never used the high beams before? I'm just curious as to if you've had the car for a while, how this has suddenly become an issue. If the car is a recent purchase, then I can understand it. I always make it a rule of thumb to check every function on a vehicle before I purchase. Yeah, that may sound a little anal, but I've been burned before. I even make someone put the car in reverse and push on the brake pedal for me! LOL
Gkon likes this.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 07:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Answered the question myself. It was the fuse under the hood. I have the car for couple of years and I have used long beams before. Since I drive in the city I don't and have not used high beams for a long time. It seems as if when the car was in the service that someone has taken out the fuse and never put it back. Anyways thanks for the assistance and help, this forum is great and I will post again soon problems I have.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 07:18 am
Veteran Cruiser

Good to hear about the quick and easy fix. I'm curious as to why someone would have pulled that fuse though. That makes no sense at all to me unless they popped one somewhere else and used that one as a replacement and hoped you wouldn't notice!

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 01:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Good to hear about the quick and easy fix. I'm curious as to why someone would have pulled that fuse though. That makes no sense at all to me unless they popped one somewhere else and used that one as a replacement and hoped you wouldn't notice!
Unless there was a problem in the high beam circuit.