• 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By Gkon
  • 1 Post By NitroPT
  • 1 Post By Ray_Dockrey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2015, 04:26 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Another One Bites the Dust

Hey Guys, I just found out that one of my nieces had an 02 PT that was involved in an accident yesterday. Seems some clown rear ended her and the insurance company will most likely total the car. I don't have pictures, but have seen them. You can find them on facebook. Just look up crystal lynn williams. (wife's niece, actually). She posted pictures. Her kids were with her and thank God none of them were seriously injured. Both airbags blew which is why I suspect they'll total it. I don't want her to get screwed over by the insurance people, and have told her to consult an attorney ASAP. Blue book on an 02 won't be much and she'll play hell trying to replace it for what they'll offer. I have located an 03 on a lot near me for $3,500 but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. What's a fair price for her to consider? I don't know how many miles were on hers, but it was still in very good shape. Not so much now.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 05:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Another One Bites the Dust

It differs state to state. But most often, the person that was hit by another car (when the other driver's fault) is entitled to replacement cost for their car. This is different than book value.

What I have done is to go to several different used car dealers and get price quotes and photos on cars similar to mine that was totaled. The insurance will often pay you average of the quotes you submit. At least they have for me. I've done this four or five time. Twice for my own vehicles and the others for friends and family.
chuzz likes this.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 05:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sorry, I can't answer your question. I just wanted to say that I'm glad everyone is ok.
chuzz likes this.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 06:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice to hear everyone was OK.

The original reason for pursuing a PT Cruiser was it was to be my wife's primary driver. I wanted her to have a "TANK" (Leopard 2A7) but the next best thing was the PT Cruiser.

Good luck on your new car quest.
chuzz likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 27 Aug 2015, 06:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Around here $3500 will get you a pretty nice Cruiser in the 01-05 early style with mileage in the first timing belt area , 75-100K. You never know of course if they have replaced the belt if they say so.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 08:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Hey Guys, I just found out that one of my nieces had an 02 PT that was involved in an accident yesterday. Seems some clown rear ended her and the insurance company will most likely total the car. I don't have pictures, but have seen them. You can find them on facebook. Just look up crystal lynn williams. (wife's niece, actually). She posted pictures. Her kids were with her and thank God none of them were seriously injured. Both airbags blew which is why I suspect they'll total it. I don't want her to get screwed over by the insurance people, and have told her to consult an attorney ASAP. Blue book on an 02 won't be much and she'll play hell trying to replace it for what they'll offer. I have located an 03 on a lot near me for $3,500 but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. What's a fair price for her to consider? I don't know how many miles were on hers, but it was still in very good shape. Not so much now.
If she consults an attorney the first thing he is going to do is send them all to a doctor for injuries. There is no money to be made off the car. I know in the state of Oklahoma they give you what the car is worth. Not replacement but market value. Where the money is made is injury claims. If there is no injuries consulting a lawyer is not going to do a whole lot of good.
chuzz likes this.