PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FREE from Chrysler!!!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2015, 02:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default FREE from Chrysler!!!

I recently read about this program that Chrysler offers. If your car has 100,000 miles or more you can get a very nice metal license plate frame FREE from Chrysler. AND when you get to 200,000-300,000 up to 1 million miles you can get an additionial bracket for each 100,000 miles.

Go to chrysler - Contact Us (OR dodge - Contact Us works also.) Fill out the website information. Use the customer assistance box. They will want the last 8 digits of you VIN#. Then in the description box, tell them that your car has xxx,xxx miles and that you would like to get the High Mileage Club license plate frame.

I did this for my PT and my 300M Special and today I got the 100,000 mile license plate frames for both! These are very nice metal frames.

Once I sent the website info to them, I got an email saying that my information was being sent to the Chrysler high mile advocate and a few weeks later they showed up! Good luck to all who try this!!!

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 05:01 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: FREE from Chrysler!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
I recently read about this program that Chrysler offers. If your car has 100,000 miles or more you can get a very nice metal license plate frame FREE from Chrysler. AND when you get to 200,000-300,000 up to 1 million miles you can get an additionial bracket for each 100,000 miles.

Go to chrysler - Contact Us (OR dodge - Contact Us works also.) Fill out the website information. Use the customer assistance box. They will want the last 8 digits of you VIN#. Then in the description box, tell them that your car has xxx,xxx miles and that you would like to get the High Mileage Club license plate frame.

I did this for my PT and my 300M Special and today I got the 100,000 mile license plate frames for both! These are very nice metal frames.

Once I sent the website info to them, I got an email saying that my information was being sent to the Chrysler high mile advocate and a few weeks later they showed up! Good luck to all who try this!!!

Very nice indeed!

I tried this recently but found out there were 3 stipulations:

1- You have to currently own the vehicle (I do)
2- You have to be no more than the 2nd owner of your vehicle (I'm the 4th)
3- You have to have owned it for at least 1 year (about 3 months)

I still sent them an email, but got no response. It was worth a try
rcktpwrd, chuzz and wingman55 like this.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 05:54 am
Veteran Cruiser

I ran into the same thing as you Gkon with my 99 Grand Caravan. I put over 40,000 miles on it and it passed 200,000 miles. Called Dodge and they said "what's the vin #?". I gave it to them and they say, "Sorry, we show you're the 3rd owner. You have to be the original or second owner to qualify." I wanted to argue that my care and attention was why is got that far, but they said it didn't matter.
Gkon likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 06:20 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
I ran into the same thing as you Gkon with my 99 Grand Caravan. I put over 40,000 miles on it and it passed 200,000 miles. Called Dodge and they said "what's the vin #?". I gave it to them and they say, "Sorry, we show you're the 3rd owner. You have to be the original or second owner to qualify." I wanted to argue that my care and attention was why is got that far, but they said it didn't matter.
I know what you mean.
Granted, I've only had my PT for 3 months or so, but it was the only car I've ever wanted to buy new. I consider it my dream car.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 07:51 am
Senior Cruiser

Talk about timing, I just received this email today:

"Dear ...,

Thank you for contacting the FCA Customer Assistance Center.

We are pleased to learn of the odometer reading of 154183 miles, we
sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us and I am happy to
work with you.

After further research, license plate frames for high mileage are
for first or second owners. I see that the vehicle was recently
purchased on 06/16/15 you are the fourth owner,
regrettably I am unable to process this for you.

Thank you again for your email and I do regret that I could not provide
a more favorable answer. Should you require additional assistance, or
if any information in our records are incorrect and you are indeed the
first or second owner, please reply to this email message or call
1-800-Chrysler (1-800-247-9753).

Sincerely,

Cindy "

Customer Service Representative
FCA Customer Assistance Center
Old 02 Sep 2015, 01:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That's crazy!!! I am the 4th owner of my 300M Special as well as my PT. I bought the PT 9 months ago! I got no argument from them. Sorry it didn't work as smoothly for you. "Cindy" was the name on the bottom of both letters that came with my frames too. So weird!

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 02:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
That's crazy!!! I am the 4th owner of my 300M Special as well as my PT. I bought the PT 9 months ago! I got no argument from them. Sorry it didn't work as smoothly for you. "Cindy" was the name on the bottom of both letters that came with my frames too. So weird!
Really? Wow, very weird, indeed! I was hoping to be able to get one. Someday, some way
Old 02 Sep 2015, 04:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: FREE from Chrysler!!!

I got my plate frame several months ago, it has the 'old' wings logo on it...
I think it was from the end of the run before they switched over to the new logo. Several other people posted pics shortly after I did and they had the new one.
Gkon likes this.

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 02 Sep 2015, 07:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give it a try, with 122513 miles on my '01 and as the original owner, I should qualify.
Gkon likes this.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 10:00 pm
Banned

This was a previous style of frame they gave out:

I like the new style they send, I would rather have that type.
Gkon likes this.