Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
turn signal question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2015, 08:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default turn signal question

I am new but I have been going through the threads trying to see if i can find an answer before posting.
2007 pt cruiser, the inside dash says turn signals and hazards are working; however, they are not working outside. The turn signals are blinking fast. I have checked the bulds and have bought new , but still did not solve problem. Fuses are not blown but replaced anyway. What do i check next?
Old 06 Sep 2015, 08:41 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: turn signal question

Fast blinking is usually an indicator of a blown bulb, but if that was the case you should have the others working.
Check the sockets, especially the rear.
There are no fuses to check in the G2's 2006-2010...blinkers are controlled by the TIPM.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost

Last edited by LionPT; 06 Sep 2015 at 08:48 am.
Old 06 Sep 2015, 11:16 am
Veteran Cruiser

I agree with LionPT. Fast blinking is usually a blown bulb. Pull the bulbs and check them first. If they all look good, check the contact points on the bottom of the bulbs and the contact points inside the socket. I've had to remove sockets over the years because the dang spring under them gets rusty and then stuck, not allowing for full contact between the plate and bulb. Sometimes, the spring has been broken, so a new socket's been necessary. Check your grounds on all four sockets too. Maybe you just have a broken or loose, dirty ground wire.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 06 Sep 2015, 01:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If all the grounds and contacts are good I would check the turn signal input and output at the TIPM. This would give you a good idea if the problem is before the TIPM or the TIPM itself.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 06 Sep 2015 at 01:35 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2015, 09:13 am
Cool Cruiser

The rear sockets burn out and don't make contact you can find them on ebay or dealer for whole lot more. Get a meter or test light and see if you have voltage out of the sockets.

Make sure you have the correct bulb!!!! Some look the same but don't make contact. Been there done that!!

Good luck!
Mike