Advertisements
Ebay rocker panel

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2015, 09:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Ebay rocker panel

Anyone buy and use the ebay rocker panel. I'm talking about the cheaper version Sherman 112-04L
Old 10 Sep 2015, 11:19 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Ebay rocker panel

I've looked into just about every after market rocker panel for the PT and none of them have the original ridges on them. The Sherman is as flat as a pancake. I found one other that had raised segments similar to the original but it's some oriental's opinion of what Chrysler intended for a 2005 PT. Maybe that anomaly difference matched another year PT?
Find a good donor PT at a Pull-N-Pay, take a battery powered saws all, chop out a donor segment of the rocker panel you need and splice weld it in place on your PT. If it's just a dent your working and not rust, you might weld pulling washers along the dent, pull it out, reconfigure and refinish.
I'm going through this correction now with SOO BIG, as the initial dent from a missed placed lift pad at Pep Boys was repaired by just filling over with "Bondo" and that wasn't up to my standard or of the owner of the body shop. Heads rolled!
I've attached a few photos of what the underside of a rocker panel look like. The first two are of the left rocker panel that was filled in with "Bondo". SOO BIG is back in the shop to have this resolve. The last photo is of the originally configured, undamaged right rocker panel. Good Luck. Happy PTin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unprofessional rocker panel repair 001.jpg (79.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg unprofessional rocker panel repair 002.jpg (82.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg l rocker panel repair 003.jpg (81.9 KB, 30 views)
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 09:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Like Mr. Price said thes rockers suck. Our panels are bowed front to back as well as the curves for the basic shape. You are as well off tho make you own patched as to use these. Or as he said remove some at the yard.
ptprice likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Sep 2015, 08:17 am
Cool Cruiser

I got both side but did not replace the whole rocker. just cut what I needed cut out the rust and overlapped the edges. Much thicker steel than the original. Not sure of fit as I did not use it as a whole. But cheap enough think about $57 for the left and $71 for the right.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 04:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb2kki View Post
I got both side but did not replace the whole rocker. just cut what I needed cut out the rust and overlapped the edges. Much thicker steel than the original. Not sure of fit as I did not use it as a whole. But cheap enough think about $57 for the left and $71 for the right.
wb2kki,
It sound like you were goin' for the cheap fix and not re-conforming to the original rocker panel configuration. A good way to go in the rust bucket prone areas of our world.
To each his own good buddy. No offense meant. Just as long as your a happy camper! My SOO BIG insists all his metal is original!
Happy Ptin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 12 Sep 2015, 08:56 am
Cool Cruiser

Most of the rust was on the bottom where you can't see it. So it's a 20 car, Looks OK at 20 feet.

To bring it into a shop is just too expensive for a PT Cruiser. The cars are just not worth much money today.

If I had the skills I may have done the whole rocker myself but I just don't. SO got'er done the car lives for now and no rust!!