Advertisements
Trans oil change

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wb2kki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2015, 09:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Trans oil change

Hello everybody. I want to change my 2005, 5sp. manual trans. oil. The car has just under 150,000 mi and has not had the trans oil changed. What is the best way to change the oil? Where are the plugs located at, and would it be better to have a dealer change it? I am a truck mechanic who now has COPD and i am on oxygen. I have worked on mt PT before, so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but I am limited now. Please help and thank for any help you all can give.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 08:08 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Trans oil change

The fill plug is a rubber plug just above to the right axle on the drivers side looking from the drivers wheel well.

The drain plug is a aluminum plug on bottom of the trans on the other side, think maybe a torx 35 but I remember I had to grind mine drone to get a tight fit.

I put a rubber hose that fit the fill hole fed from the top of the engine and put in the hole from the bottom. Hooked up a funnel and poured down the the trans fluid until it overflowed. MAKE SURE THE CAR IS LEVEL.

let it drip for a while before putting in the fill plug to make sure you don't overfill.
GOOD LUCK!
thecabinguy likes this.