Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2015, 06:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default stupid door locks

Will someone please give me the answer to is dumb problem. My 2002 PT limited with 5 spd. The auto door locks lock when I start off driving.When stopping the locks will chirp Unlock and relock sometimes. When I slam the drivers door when exiting the car sometimes all the doors will lock on their own. Today i was coming to a stop at a light, the four doors all unlocked and stayed unlocked. When I drove from the light they never locked when I took off. Please give me the asnwer this the dumbest thing ever. It has been doing this for most of the cars life. Is there any connection to the multi function switch, it seemed things were betterafter it was replaced. For a little while maybe. Thanks folks Big Howie
Old 23 Sep 2015, 06:57 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: stupid door locks

Known problems with the RKEM.

door locks locking/unlocking on their own!

Power locks locking/unlocking while driving?

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 23 Sep 2015, 09:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Is there a separate BCM on the 02 models? If so, I'd pull the connector and check for corrosion. I know it's been a problem on some Mopars over the years as the cowl vents would get clogged and cause water to drain down on top of the BCM. If the BCM is non existing on the PT's, then I'll go along with LionPT. These cars are still new and an enigma to me.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 10:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Is there a separate BCM on the 02 models? If so, I'd pull the connector and check for corrosion. I know it's been a problem on some Mopars over the years as the cowl vents would get clogged and cause water to drain down on top of the BCM. If the BCM is non existing on the PT's, then I'll go along with LionPT. These cars are still new and an enigma to me.
Yes. The module you want is below the dash board right in the center. Here' the problem. It is mated to your fob. If you replace it, your fob will no longer work. Also, I believe if you just unplug it in order to stop the lock/unlock fun, it will through a trouble code. I once played with mine a little and that's what it did.

PS: You might contact forum member, Bubba_1952, and see if he has a Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) with a mated fob. If it even had only one mated fob, you can use it to reprogram the RKE module to mate with your existing fobs.
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 23 Sep 2015 at 10:09 pm.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 11:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

If it is your RKEM and you want to save some money and install one yourself, I think I posted a thread a while ago of the photos I took while replacing SOOO Big's RKEM and having Chrysler do the $40 reprogramming to match my Key remote control. Perhaps a more experienced Forum member can find this thread. I'm not that familiar with how to find it. If not, I still have the photos of the work done in my computer documents. I was planning to put them in my Forum album when I get a moment to spare but I'd be glad to re-post them. Advise if you need them, or have found the thread. I bought my new RKEM from Parks Motors in Augusta Kansas.
1-316-775-6365
They give a great discount on internet generated purchases. Module-Key,
Part # 4671879AD Z, retail $180.00, $120.00 discounted plus shipping. I've gotten a lot of great deals on PT parts from them. Happy PTin', ptprice
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 11:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
If it is your RKEM and you want to save some money and install one yourself, I think I posted a thread a while ago of the photos I took while replacing SOOO Big's RKEM and having Chrysler do the $40 reprogramming to match my Key remote control. Perhaps a more experienced Forum member can find this thread...
Is this the thread you wanted to find?

FYI how I diagnosed and repaired dysfunctioning lift gate remote release
Old 24 Sep 2015, 05:56 am
Veteran Cruiser

I guess what I should have said about checking the connector on the BCM is "I'd unplug it and check for corrosion and then try plugging it back in and unplugging it several times." That would help "sweep" any corrosion on the connector and possibly make better contact. Of course, if you have some electrical contact cleaner, I'd use that too!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 08:04 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Yup, that's it Handy_Cruiser. I hope if he needs this info it'll help.
Thanks, Happy PTin', ptprice
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 08:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I would try the unplug and reply thing first. Other that that you can as handy said find a used one with the fob from another Chrysler of that type remote and replace it. No program needed if both come from the same vehicle. This is how I got remotes for a diver I used to have.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com