Advertisements
2002 PT Clutch issue(s)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rob342

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2015, 09:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 PT Clutch issue(s)

I was driving on the freeway and the engine suddenly started to race and I had not power from the transmission. I got off the freeway and had the car towed home. I was advised that the clutch slave cylinder had gone out, by the counter person at my local O'Reilly's. I have replaced the slave cylinder and bled it. I have about the same amount of clutch pedal as before but still my transmission will not engage. Can someone help me with this issue??? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I did purchase a clutch assembly but I am not confident that I will be able to install the clutch by myself, if that is what is needed. The local Chrysler dealership gave me a total of $1800, to repair the clutch, with the part I already have. At this stage of the game, I am not sure that this car is even worth this amount, when I include the cost of the slave cylinder and the new clutch. I will gladly accept anyone's advice. Thank you in advance for you help with this matter.
Old 06 Oct 2015, 06:10 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 PT Clutch issue(s)

Where are you located? Anywhere near Chicago? I can do the clutch in a couple hours. $1800 is a lot, too much. Even for a dealer. It should only be billed at 5 hours labor. That would be $360/hour.

This may be your issue:
i killed it.

The link takes you right to the problem when mine did that, but you may enjoy starting at the beginning of that thread. I believe the first page is people guessing what's wrong, like you'll likely get in this thread.
Twayne likes this.

Last edited by rob342; 06 Oct 2015 at 07:28 am.
Old 07 Oct 2015, 04:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

In Southern CA...wish I were closer. I am at the point of throwing my hands up and walking away for a while. Thank you so much for your response and help.
Old 07 Oct 2015, 04:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Check around town where you live and see if there are any independent garages that will install the parts that you purchased. I know they're few and far between nowadays, but some do still do that. I found one here right after I moved here, but hope to God I never need to use them. Not because of the costs, but just because I like to do my own work unless it's just something I don't have the tools for.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Tags
clutch not disengaging.