Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Who Does Body Work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2015, 08:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Who Does Body Work?

Okay Guys, I need a little assistance. I got the drivers side front door mounted and am having a little trouble with the way it fits. It closes and latches, but I have to kind of slam it in order for it to latch. Anyone have any tips on tweaking it just a little to make it fit right? I'm thinking if I just loosen the door hinges a little bit and then close it, that may give me the proper angle? I don't know, I'm just speculating. The door lock was a royal pain in the butt to change out. You have to remove one of the window tracks in order to be able to get your hand inside the door to remove the keeper on the back side of the lock. Blind feel, as you can't get a light in there to see what you're doing. I'm just happy that the back door doesn't have a lock cylinder too!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 08:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Who Does Body Work?

Ok, what happened to your old doors? Did you use your hinges or ones on the other doors? Look at the body lines to de if they line up. Squat down and open the door and see if the door is hitting the striker center of the latch. If to high or low. Door won't close well. You will want to get close to the body ad look down the side to see if doors are flush with surrounding panels and each other. Fix the height first. The you can the up and down at the latch worked out. You only need to snug on bolt on each bolt face of the hinge. This make it easer in the adjustment stage. If the have never been moved on one side of the hinge. Make sur you need to mess with it. Might be ok where it is. Just adjust on aspect at a time. Some pics of the pt with the old damage and some looking down the side and were the lines meet the finder and quarter panel. Would be helpful.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com