PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Back in the fold-my new to me PT

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2015, 10:03 am
Young Cruiser

Default Back in the fold-my new to me PT

As i outlines in my thread in the newb forum, I have been a long time PT enthusiast(since the beginning), and ordered my 2001 in Sept 2000. By 2003, we owned 2 cruisers. After they both went on to new owners, i had said that i would once again have one, when the time and circumstances were right. I almost bought a 2008 back in 2010, but that one didn't really get me interested(it was a former rental, very stripped).
Then, about 5 weeks ago, my brother called me. My brother is a long time service manager at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership. His boss, the service director, was going to get rid of his PT and asked if i would help him put together an ebay listing.
The pedigree of this PT is as follows.
The service director leased this PT in May 2005 for his wife. After the 2 year term was up, they purchased the car. His wife did not work outside the home, so it was never used as a commuter. It was garage kept form day one, and seldom left the garage in the winter. He always had a "demo", so they used these as their main vehicle.
His wife had cancer, and although she bravely fought it for years, it finally overcame her and she passed away earlier this year. SHe was a young 64. He decided after a few months that it was time to let the PT go, hence the call from my brother.
I told him i would be happy to help, but that we were getting ready to go away on vacation and that we would work on it when i returned. While on vacation, i began to think about looking at the PT and maybe purchasing it. I have loved convertibles all my life and have had several. I had a 2002 Sebring LXI for a few years, and sold it in May 2014, and missed it.
When we got back, i told my brother that i thought i might want to buy the car my self, and we started negotiating a price that we both would be happy with. No problem there, and i decided to pull the trigger.
It's a 2005 Touring convertible. Options include 6 disc changer, chrome clad wheels, and Turbo(light) engine. MSRP was a little over $25K. (He gave me the original window sticker). Original parade boot is still in it's plastic wrapper. It has 41,600 miles on it. Whenever it needed any maintenance, he just drove it to work and had it done. Usually, it got wash and wax whenever it went in for any service. This car was babied and given the best of care, and it showed. It looks and drives like a 3 year old car, nit a 10 year old one. He just put a new battery in last month. Tires have 5K miles on them. Brand new PA state inspection. All stock and all original. Both keys and remotes, along with valet key. Of course, all manuals and the window sticker. I thought $4500 was a good price.
I plan to continue babying this car. It will be stored in a garage and not driven during the winter. It will be driven on the nice days, when i can drive top down. I will be able to drive it a few more weeks, then i will tuck it away until spring.
A few picts as promised.
[IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

2005 Touring turbo convertible.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 10:39 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Back in the fold-my new to me PT

Dude, you got one hell of a deal for $4,500! Don't you feel the least bit guilty? LOL Seriously, beautiful car and congratulations on the deal of the century.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 11:04 am
Banned

She's a beauty!
Old 24 Oct 2015, 01:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

What a buy.....
Way better than what I paid. ..
But then my wife was with me..
And she wanted it...

Old 24 Oct 2015, 01:52 pm
Young Cruiser

My wife actually is not a big fan of convertibles, although she loves PT cruisers. Our 2001 5 speed was her DD.
He wanted 5, i offered 4, obviously we met in the middle.
I have known him for a lot of years, and have helped him sell numerous harleys on ebay. Plus he will see the car when i bring it in for any service that is needed and he knows i will take care of it. It was a win-win.
Rain here today.
Was hoping to take it to show my son and grandsons. Oh well....
Thanks for the compliments. It actually looks better in person than the pictures.

Old 24 Oct 2015, 05:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

A very nice find.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 Oct 2015, 02:29 pm
Young Cruiser

I hadn't noticed that laying in the back seat is a wind deflector, it looks like the one on Amazon that is a $240 unit.
Awesome!!

Old 25 Oct 2015, 05:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Unfortunate circumstances bringing the car to market, but it looks like it got a good home. Nice Cruiser.
Old 27 Oct 2015, 09:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Very nice looking Cruiser. You got a great deal.
2003 GT Autostick Drilled & Slotted F/R Disc Brakes - "Premium" OEM Door Speakers - Rear Sway Bar - 17" Chrome Wheels - Bright Silver w/ Blue Ghost Rider Flames - LED Reverse Bulbs - Heated Leather Seats - OEM Engine Block Heater - Mopar Subwoofer
Old 23 Apr 2016, 02:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Well, here we are, late April. The weather in Western PA has been quite mild. I can't wait any longer. My PT convertible has been resting in a nice dry garage since NOvember. Today, i go retrieve her. I can hardly wait! Looking for ward to a nice summer top down driving season. I barely got a chance to put any miles on the car after i bought it last October. That will soon be corrected!
Gkon likes this.