Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Separate BCM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2015, 04:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Separate BCM?

Hey Guys, after doing all that crap on the GT today, I went to lock the doors and they all started clicking and the servos were jumping! Does this frigging car hate me or what? I'm trying to make it better and look better and it's really starting to piss me off. I THOUGHT I had the door lock issue resolved Sunday afternoon, but apparently not. Does anyone know if the 03 GT has a separate BCM or is it all controlled through the PCM? I don't really want to get into the door again, but I will. Now that I know which way the retainer is supposed to face, I can have that door panel off in just a couple of minutes and be inside the door. I'm thinking I still don't have the wire connector on the back of the door lock in the correct position as I now have to hold the key over to the side and then push the button to open the door. If I let off the key at all, it goes back to the lock position and I can hear the servo click. Something just isn't right with that! Suggestions are welcome. I'm about to the point of putting an ad in the paper. Met a neighbor with an 01 this morning and she said she's getting ready to sell it. I'll let y'all know if and when if anyone's interested.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 04:41 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Separate BCM?

BCM is GM stuff. Big headaches. Luckily, you have an RKEM.

RKEM on ptcruiserlinks.com

i'd keep fiddlin' with the connectors you touched if all was well before. you might even swap the electronic guts from the other door so you know all is as it was before.

Last edited by rob342; 28 Oct 2015 at 04:46 pm.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 05:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I already replaced the guts and wiring harness, Rob. I'm thinking it's that one little triangle shaped connector on the back of the lock cylinder. Well, the connector itself is more of a rectangle shape, but the hole inside it and the pin on the lock cylinder are in a triangle pattern. Heck, there's only 3 ways it can go, right? I have it in the wrong position now, I'm guessing, so I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right the first time! Been raining this afternoon with more on the way, so hopefully I'll be able to monkey with it tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't run my battery down overnight. I lost my charger in the move somehow and can't afford another one now.

Old 28 Oct 2015, 07:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You could see if there is a fuse you can pull that powers the door locks until it is fixed.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 28 Oct 2015 at 07:52 pm.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 10:11 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Good idea, Steve. I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks! And Rob, a separate BCM is NOT just GM. It may be now, but back in the 90's and early in the 2000's, Mopar put them in too. They used to be mounted behind the passenger kick panel on most of them. I had a 99 Grand Caravan that had it there. Just in case you wanted to know!